SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at a used V70R (splash pan post) and also noticed some type of black over-spray on three of the four wheels. The dealer said it was cosmoline. It looked like undercoating to me. Is this typical for a car with thirteen thousand miles? Would the wheels have or still have cosmoline on them? Apparently the wheels were serviced at the nimrod service center. It had some clip on wheel weights which didn't fit the rim profile and they managed to install some adhesive backed weights that were kind of machined by the beautiful brembo calipers.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: V70R Cosmoline on inside of rims (3g3t7i)

Cosmoline is yellow, your dealer is full of crap

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: V70R Cosmoline on inside of rims (3g3t7i)

There should be no cosmoline on your wheels. It sounds like this car went to a lousy tire shop. I'd be wary of buying a car like this since it shows definite signs of not being dealer maintained (although I know there are lots of good independant mechanics out there). Good luck.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Pardon my ignorance, but what is cosmoline?
Automotive Vaseline
All foreign cars (not made here) get it sprayed on before going on the boat, protects against salt water

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.