SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys I need some help here I have a freind who has a 1999 V70 R AWD. He wants to add and ECU to his car but IPD does not have for his model do you guys know which company might have one and if do the results of the ecu ugrade...

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: V70R AWD (C70SPEED)

quote:

Hay guys I need some help here I have a freind who has a 1999 V70 R AWD. He wants to add and ECU to his car but IPD does not have for his model do you guys know which company might have one and if do the results of the ecu ugrade...
I think they do, you should give them a call.

IPD Volvo Division 24 hour customer service: 1-800-444-6473

·
Administrator
55,940 Posts

The latest info on their site says January '03.

I'm not sure what the difference are between '99 and '00, they have an '00 upgrade, I thought they were both the ME7 managment system. They have have specifics in the PDF documents on their site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: V70R AWD (83caddy16v)

We did we spoke to them on friday. and they still say they dont have anything for the model they do for 98" and some early model 99 not for late model 99 and 2000+ they have for...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

quote:

We did we spoke to them on friday. and they still say they dont have anything for the model they do for 98" and some early model 99 not for late model 99 and 2000+ they have for...
You are right; MY1999 was a tricky year with a different Motronic update during that MY. So, there is an upgrade available for certain 1999s but not for all. You will have to give them your VIN to determine if you fall under the upgrade program they currently have.

One of my salesmen did an upgrade on his '99 V70 XC, a month ago.

Yannis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts