SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me with the oe numbers for original springs for V70R AWD

They told me there were 7 or 8 types, depending of the number here near the chassis.

So the number for the right springs should be 6Q2MMWA,

or
OEM front 3546644 and rear 9173775.

But the front springs when i take a look at 3546644 these are front springs for a S70,V70 and 850 2.5 TDI. Is this really possible ?
Wont the car be to high ?

Thx for help

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Call your dealer with your VIN and chassis code, they should still be able to get you the right spring PN

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call your dealer with your VIN and chassis code, they should still be able to get you the right spring PN

This is what i did. But for the 1st generation of V70R AWD it is impossible to find the right springs by chassis. In addition they nead the spring type code number from the shield under the hood which i attached the photo on first post.

So with this data i got offered

Front spring 1pc VOLVO OE 3546644 price 133€ 1 piece
Rear spring for AWD 1pc OE 9173775 price 75€ 1 piece

These are prices from Volvo service in Europe. I asked on 4 locations and everyone told me to get this additional data from the plate under the hood and everywhere i got offer with same OE numbers .
As there were i think 7-8 different types for springs.

But i dont want to give 130€ for 1 spring.

I found on skandix http://www.skandix.de/de/fahrzeug-t.../federung/fahrwerksfeder-vorderachse/1019905/ for 49€

The problem is that i work at a aftermarket car parts seller. And i already ordered once front springs using TECDOC data and got the front springs for XC70 for front and this was just mounted once which was catastrophical.

All front springs fit from 850/C70/S70 . But they got different strenght and lenght.

For example , the lenght of front springs for TDI is 462mm, the front lenght for T5 motors is 442mm. The XC70 lenght is 483mm.So what gor the R ? So how could i mount 462mmn TDI springs in front, unless they are "softer" ? The height of the car should not be ok. On my car i have the problem that the rear springs are cutted also, the front springs are lower then low my ball joints are screaming at cornering so i have to swap all springs. And dont got the money for KW2 option ;)

And to confuse you all just a little bit more, in addition i found "hardened" front springs from TRW which are just 362mm ?? But the coil thickness is 13,35mm at these. 441mm Version is thickness 13mm. And 462mm is shickness just 12,75mm. Could be thickness and strenght in relation.

This is horrible but i own since 5 years a V70R AWD and drove just 5000km thats nasty. But at least i did not total it ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts