SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am looking around for a v70R in manual. I have an s60r in manual, but always thought v70R looks amazing and has all that extra space storage, lol. So I know a guy who is selling a salvage 2004 v70r with sub 60K miles. It is a 6 speed manual. I was just wondering how much is reasonable price for a salvage v70R with those miles being a 6 speed. I know these are getting harder and harder to find with low miles and I see automatic ones with over 100K miles go for $10K-$13K. Thanks for opinions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid about half of that for mine that was non salvage and as far as I can tell from the paperwork that came with the car I'm the 3rd or at most 4th owner. Mine has 279K miles but it had a lower mileage engine put in it and the head was pulled and refreshed about 1K miles before I got it along with a fresh clutch. It isn't perfect, there are couple dings and paint scuffs I need to fix but no accidents or panel resprays, the interior needs a deep cleaning and the AWD isn't working but the way the market seems to be going with the V70R I probably won't lose money if I sell it in the future especially once I get it fixed up and everything working right.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid about half of that for mine that was non salvage and as far as I can tell from the paperwork that came with the car I'm the 3rd or at most 4th owner. Mine has 279K miles but it had a lower mileage engine put in it and the head was pulled and refreshed about 1K miles before I got it along with a fresh clutch. It isn't perfect, there are couple dings and paint scuffs I need to fix but no accidents or panel resprays, the interior needs a deep cleaning and the AWD isn't working but the way the market seems to be going with the V70R I probably won't lose money if I sell it in the future especially once I get it fixed up and everything working right.
So I'm assuming you bought it for about 6K? Nice! What year is it? Do you know why your awd doesn't work? I would first check fuse #17, I believe, in the rear fuse box. My awd didn't work in my s60R. Took it to mechanic. He changed fuse and all good 🙂 Hopefully it's that easy with yours.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I put together a chart of V70R price vs. mileage back when I got mine, but this is 5 years old now, and doesn't separate manual from auto. Maybe interesting data anyway. Note: These are list prices, not verified sale prices.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
I put together a chart of V70R price vs. mileage back when I got mine, but this is 5 years old now, and doesn't separate manual from auto. Maybe interesting data anyway. Note: These are list prices, not verified sale prices.

It would be interesting to know how this has changed in 5 years, if it has. I think the bottom of the curve would be lower but the top might have stayed pretty steady.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I'm assuming you bought it for about 6K? Nice! What year is it? Do you know why your awd doesn't work? I would first check fuse #17, I believe, in the rear fuse box. My awd didn't work in my s60R. Took it to mechanic. He changed fuse and all good 🙂 Hopefully it's that easy with yours.
All related fuses and relays test good and the pump was supposedly changed along with the filter in the differential before I got the car. I haven't had the time to put direct power to the pump to see if it activates. If it does my next step is going to a coworker's house who has VIDA software and checking faults. I've also heard some people have had to do a reset procedure with the VIDA software after a pump replacement to get it to work. I'm hoping it isn't the DEM since the fuses are fine and from what I have read most people have blown fuses when the DEM dies.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All related fuses and relays test good and the pump was supposedly changed along with the filter in the differential before I got the car. I haven't had the time to put direct power to the pump to see if it activates. If it does my next step is going to a coworker's house who has VIDA software and checking faults. I've also heard some people have had to do a reset procedure with the VIDA software after a pump replacement to get it to work. I'm hoping it isn't the DEM since the fuses are fine and from what I have read most people have blown fuses when the DEM dies.
I see. Did you check the angle gear? A lot of times angle gear sleeve goes bad. There are procedures to check if it works somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I just bought my 04 V70R with 125k for $10k . Granted it is Flash/Atacama/M66 so a premium was paid due to the color combo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
im looking to sell my 2004 Black M66. It has 163000 miles. I am 2nd owner. So Cal car all it's life. Just rebuilt the front end, have a new FMIC still in box for it. Has cat back turning exhaust on it, IPD boost gauge in custom cluster. Probably a couple of other things for it as well including Vida. I just bought a Mustang GT, so have to let the V70R go. Runs strong, body in good shape, interior is good except the side bolster on driver side, no rips or tears, but worn (has to do with the way I get in). No 3rd seat, but has the nav system. Only thing that does not work is the radio volume knob. Steering wheel button works but not the radio button.

Has a few scratches in it but overall its in good condition.

So going to try and figure out what it's worth and will advise. If you want to fly out and drive it home....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im looking to sell my 2004 Black M66. It has 163000 miles. I am 2nd owner. So Cal car all it's life. Just rebuilt the front end, have a new FMIC still in box for it. Has cat back turning exhaust on it, IPD boost gauge in custom cluster. Probably a couple of other things for it as well including Vida. I just bought a Mustang GT, so have to let the V70R go. Runs strong, body in good shape, interior is good except the side bolster on driver side, no rips or tears, but worn (has to do with the way I get in). No 3rd seat, but has the nav system. Only thing that does not work is the radio volume knob. Steering wheel button works but not the radio button.

Has a few scratches in it but overall its in good condition.

So going to try and figure out what it's worth and will advise. If you want to fly out and drive it home....
Do you have some pictures?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just bought my 04 V70R with 125k for $10k . Granted it is Flash/Atacama/M66 so a premium was paid due to the color combo.
I paid 12k CAD (9k USD) for an 04 TiKap M66 VR with 140k KM (87k MI) hope it helps!
I got my 04 V70R M66 (225,000km/139,000mi) for $7200CAD - in 2014
Thanks for everyone's input on the prices. Also that graph is helpful eventhough a bit outdated, but gives good insight on milage vs price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts