SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says, there is issues with firing. It started off with missing and check engine light came on. Now, this car has been a nightmare to me to weed out all issues I have had with it going into limp mode at random moments, but I am sure I have gotten those fixed by now. When it used to go into to limp mode it used to misfire as it does now, however, it is not in limp mode. After a short investigation I narrowed it down to it not firing on cyl 2, but spark plug and coil pack are okay. Further investigation revealed a nicked green/yellow (or white) wire, pinched between cover and cyl head, showing some copper right by the coil, so I am sure it has shortened out.

My question now is where the issue rests. A fried EFI unit due to the shortening? Anyone with higher level of confusion in the matter, please enlighten me.

The only positive outcome of this debacle is that I have found a new use of my nifty little flashlight/voltage tester.

Thanks,

Bjorn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only one cylinder isn't firing, so I don't think that is is, but I'll check.

I think the EMC has gone fubar and needs to be sent into repair to fix the issue, as I found small damage to brown wire, later on in investigation, from being pinched with the ground wire so I am sure that specific output stage is cremated now. Money hardly come but easy go.... the story of my life LOL

Thank you for your reply,

Bjorn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts