SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1998 V70 XC with approx. 26,000 miles. Purchased new and have had a number of repairs. Rear suspension replaced, power steering rack replaced, Front suspension problems, etc., etc. ...<P>I have little faith in the AWD system. I have read a number of horror stories concerning the failure of the bevel gear in the AWD system. This problem usually occurs if tires are not nearly identical in size. I have read that Volvo issued an addendum to the owners manual concerning this issue, but I have not received it. <P>My new car warranty expires in a few months and I am considering the trade-in of this vehicle for a 4Motion Passat, Audi Quattro A-6 or another Volvo XC. <P>I like the car but hate all the repairs. As an alternative to buying another car, I am thinking about purchasing the extended new car warranty from Volvo, but I am concerned about what the warranty will really cover in the event the AWD system fails. Could Volvo attempt to blame me for the bevel gear failure by claiming I did not follow the tire size limitations ? <P>Has anyone actually experienced problems with the AWD system on their XC's and how was it handled by Volvo ?<BR> <BR>Does anyone have any experience with the Volvo extended warranties ?<BR><P>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts