SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wonder what the WHIPS system feels like in use? I got to experience it one winter evening on my way home. Sitting in traffic at a light I saw the lights of a brodozer (F350 dualy super duty )approaching rapidly. As the thought of Oh No hit my brain, he swung left to the turn lane and then the dodge neon that was tailgating slammed into the rear of my moon dust pearl ( I think that was the paint name) wonder. As the whips system kicked in, laid me back and then brought me back up, I could hear breaking glass and twisting metal. After the cacophony ended, I took a quick assessment of my condition, felt ok so I exiting to see how bad things looked. Noticing the field on broken glass, my expectation was of a destroyed rear but it was all from the neon, which was folded from the front to the rear passenger area. I checked on the driver and noticed the sirens approaching, told her to stay put. They got her out and started checking her over as the local PD started getting the info. As she was taken away , I was able to look more closely at my V70 and wasn’t finding anything of significance. The day after did not reveal anything more so I was curious on what the body shop would find. Total damage, $450

1 - 1 of 1 Posts