SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 V70 2.5T with 33000 miles. While moving from a stop, auto transmission occasionally slips as it shifts from 2d to 3d while in the 2000 RPM range. Engine RPM accels to 3000-3300 before slip stops and 3d is engaged. Slip lasts for approx .5 seconds. Problem just started at 32500 miles. Since it is an intermittent occurrence, I doubt my Volvo dealer will say I have a problem. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: V70 transmission problem (eagle2x)

Software upgrade required (warranty)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: V70 transmission problem (JRL)

JRL & others: Thanks for the advice. Today, my Volvo dealer downloaded two software upgrades, one for the transmission slip (2d to 3d) and second for an engine acceleration surge (45-90 MPH) at max throttle. First S/W upgrade was a TCM upgrade and latter was an ECM gasoline upgrade. My silver metallic V70 with sport & premium packages now flies quick and like new... hope these repairs sustain the current performance.
Repair codes on the warranty invoice sheet are listed as 30677036 and 30677021 respectively (in case that should be meaningful to anyone experiencing similar problems.)

I'm close to a purchase decision for a 2006 V50 T5 (loaded) as an addition to the 04 V70. Any opinions good or bad about the V50 would be welcome.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Did the same software upgrade today on our V70...wow, what a difference! Car has more pep and drives like new again!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Re: V70 transmission problem (eagle2x)

Quote, originally posted by eagle2x »
I'm close to a purchase decision for a 2006 V50 T5 (loaded) as an addition to the 04 V70. Any opinions good or bad about the V50 would be welcome.

You should check out the S40/V50 forum...you'll find a lot of good info. Many of the S40/V50s have a few quirks but mine has been almost trouble free (certainly no major issues) and I would buy again. If I were looking for a small sport wagon, I would have no problem buying the V50. However, I'm not sure all 40-50 series owners would say the same thing.

Check out forum...more info than you can possibly imagine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
When I was having the tranny software upgrade today and the upper motor mount (the round one) replaced under warranty, I was given a '06 S40 with less than 250 miles on it to drive...wow, what a nice little car! I really enjoyed driving it and it was very peppy even though it was your basic car with no turbo....i2.1, I believe is what it's called. Looked under the hood and it was a 5 cylinder...very tight compartment! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Quote, originally posted by MadeInJapan »
I was given a '06 S40 with less than 250 miles on it to drive...wow, what a nice little car! I really enjoyed driving it and it was very peppy even though it was your basic car with no turbo....i2.1, I believe is what it's called. Looked under the hood and it was a 5 cylinder...very tight compartment! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I love my S40 2.4i - it does everything I need. It has enough get up and go and handles 70 mph+/- with relative ease. I've driven the turbos before and they are very nice and very quick but the NA engine is just fine.

Just my openly biased opinion...

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
my bad...yeah, 2.4i (I suppose the "i" is for "inline" engine?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.