SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone replaced their v70 headlights with those from a v40?<br>please let me know the details, because if it works out i will be doing it this tuesday.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: V70 to v40 headlights? (Trilabs)

It won't work because the size and the shape of the housing is completely different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: V70 to v40 headlights? (mike_c70)

Ah, i see i thought they were the same.<br>how much work would be required for this?<br>the stock headlights on my 98 v70 t5 are no good.<br>

·
Registered
481 Posts

I would say it would cost more than it's was worth. I don't think the v40's lighting is that much better than the other stock Volvo lights. Do a search on this board on HID, that would be much more cost effective.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts

If you are interested in the way the 40 series headlamps look, check out the new headlamp assmeblies for the '03 C70 Convertibles. Kai, has a pic of them in the C70 section. I'm not sure about the output as they are now using H11 bulbs which produce less lumens (less light), but maybe the reflector housing will compensate for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well i was just thinking because i can get some v40 headlights for cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Get E-codes

The DOT lenses on the 70's are worthless. Change the lenses to E-code (aka European or ECE) specification. The Volvo E-codes are quite good. Then put as good a lamp behind them as possible. Lenses run maybe $225 or $250 per pair and make an enormous difference. For lamps, the Hella LightPower (susquehanna motorsports, $25/pr) and Philips VisionPlus (autolamps-online.com, $40/pr) produce 50% higher output and whiter light. If you've got $400 to spare, upgrade to HID. But the E-codes come first.<p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts