SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally stopped snowing, the car is reasonably clean, so here's a pic<BR> <IMG SRC="http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2db27b3127cce9dfc7a851fbc0000003410"> <P><BR>Mike<P><BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Spankin' car! <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"><P>Congratulations, again. Since I just got a T5 myself a few weeks ago, I'd like to hear about your ongoing experiences with your T5 as they come to you.<P>You can get images to post inline by inserting open and closed IMG tages outside the URL.<P>Also, click on the "*UBB Code is ON" link to the left. It explains all.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:<BR><B>It's finally stopped snowing, the car is reasonably clean, so here's a pic<BR> <A HREF="http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2db27b3127cce9dfc7a851fbc0000003410" TARGET=_blank>http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2db27b3127cce9dfc7a851fbc0000003410</A> <P>Can anyone tell me how to get the pics to post inline? Then I can provide some more.<P>Mike<P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The picture shows the car a bit too far away but, still, it looks nice! <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"> Was worth the extra wait, I guess...right?<P>You wrote that "it stopped snowing"....Snow in MAY??? Wow.<P>Yannis<BR><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:<BR><B> <BR>The picture shows the car a bit too far away but, still, it looks nice! <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"> Was worth the extra wait, I guess...right?<P>You wrote that "it stopped snowing"....Snow in MAY??? Wow.<P>Yannis<P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Last Friday some big, wet snow flakes came down as I drove to work. The next day it was 70... That's Montreal.<P>If I knew how I could post some higher resolution images, I could provide some better pictures....<P>This car is proving to be everything I had hoped it would be. It's comfortable, solid, fast, and looks great. Oh, and by the way, the rest of the family and all their stuff happen to fit in there too...<P>The P6 All Seasons are not necessarily proving to be as bad as I thought, although I haven't really pushed them to the limits yet. Yannis, do you have your new tires on yet?<P>I'd been thinking my car was the coolest, till my buddy came by with his new M3 on Saturday... He did say my car has a better stereo than his<P> <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"><P><BR>[This message has been edited by nyerinmontreal (edited 05-07-2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by nyerinmontreal (edited 05-07-2002).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Nice pics. I am currently waiting for my 02 AWD from Uptown. Still arguing with dealer on the 17" wheels option on my car. Anyways, do you know where in Montreal where I can get a trailer hitch installed. I need one for a bike rack only and figured that dealer prices would be too high. Any suggestions would be welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Montreal:<BR><B>Another question, where did you get your windows tinted in Montreal?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not by the dealer, that's for sure. They wanted $425. I got it done at:<P>Dr Tint Phone: (514)645-5478 <BR>3669 Bd St Jean Baptiste, Pointe-aux-Trembles, QC H1B 4B2 <P>The owner is a friend of a friend, so I got a good deal.<P>Have to look into the trailer hitch thing, but my buddy with a XC has a roof mount that he got at this rack warehouse in Laval, where apparently they have everything...<BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Did they do a good job? I am not familiar with the tinting process but do they spray a film onto the window or is it tape on? In terms of % of tint, what did you go with? <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:<BR><B> Not by the dealer, that's for sure. They wanted $425. I got it done at:<P>Dr Tint Phone: (514)645-5478 <BR>3669 Bd St Jean Baptiste, Pointe-aux-Trembles, QC H1B 4B2 <P>The owner is a friend of a friend, so I got a good deal.<P>Have to look into the trailer hitch thing, but my buddy with a XC has a roof mount that he got at this rack warehouse in Laval, where apparently they have everything...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Montreal:<BR><B>Did they do a good job? I am not familiar with the tinting process but do they spray a film onto the window or is it tape on? In terms of % of tint, what did you go with? <P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe they did a good job, and it has a lifetime guarantee.<P>They are essentially adhering a thin tinted film to your windows. I believe I have 20% on the back 3 windows, 35% on the rear passenger windows, and 50% on the front windows<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daimoni:<BR><B>Spankin' car! <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"><P>Congratulations, again. Since I just got a T5 myself a few weeks ago, I'd like to hear about your ongoing experiences with your T5 as they come to you.<P>You can get images to post inline by inserting open and closed IMG tages outside the URL.<P>Also, click on the "*UBB Code is ON" link to the left. It explains all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What do you think about the P6 all seasons? I was very seriously considering changing them for higher performance summer tires, like Toyo T1-S, but now I'm not sure. They really don't seem all that bad, and certainly provide a comfortable and quiet ride.<P>Mike<P>
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
39,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:<BR><B> What do you think about the P6 all seasons? I was very seriously considering changing them for higher performance summer tires, like Toyo T1-S, but now I'm not sure. They really don't seem all that bad, and certainly provide a comfortable and quiet ride.<P>Mike<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mike,<P>I will give you <I>my</I> perspective since I have had them for more than a year, now.<P>First of all, they are 100% better than the mediocre tire that they replaced, the P6000. Diametrically opposite when it comes to noise, tremendous improvement in the handling department in rain and snow and better wear. For a "V"-rated tire, I think it is a pretty good tire although price-wise it is not cheap. Not prohibitively expensive like many Michelins but not the cheapest. I view it a pretty good "touring" tire, not high performance. But since there are other tires out there that can give you more for almost the same price or even less, it would be wise to take the plunge and try something different when time comes around to replacing them.<P>But overall, I have been pretty satisfied. The tire does not spin easily, does not squeal when I turn (at almost any speed), it is pretty quiet (for a Pirelli) on the highway and it has not worn prematurely at 19,600 miles.<P>Yannis<P><P>
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top