SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2004 V70 2.5T fwd.

About 4 months ago I put all new brakes on- upgraded to T5 front rotors and installed 4 new rotors as well as ceramic pads and stainless lines at all 4 corners. Right away the drivers rear was squeaking at low speed and only when moving forward. When the rear is in the air I can spin both wheels by hand but I can replicate the squeak on the driver side. As I've driven it more there is a reasonable amount of dust coming off that brake, so it's clearly dragging ever so slightly. I've bled all 4 wheels and that one in particular numerous times and the squeak has gotten better, but it's still there. My assumption is that I have a bad caliper. Has anyone had a similar experience, or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

sent from...

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I see nothing wrong with your diagnosis, probably should go ahead and swap the caliper.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My only other thought is if it was the proportioning valve in the rear somehow not releasing, but a caliper certainly seems more likely.

sent from...

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
One other thing to try, pull the handbrake a click or two and see if the squeaking goes away. It might just be that the shoes in there need to be moved around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts