SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some advice. spoke to tint king (Brian) very knowledable. My R is black, concerned that window tint may make the car to stealth looking. Considering Huper Optic on passenger and cargo window area's.

Any thoughts out there? thx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: V70 R window tint (row)

I did Huper Optic 40 all the way around except front window. Looks good. does not attract too much attention and blocks the sun pretty well.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I have the Huper Optik tint, installed by VEM Solar Solutions (888-604-8468). They are in Westport, MA.

I finally settled on their Ceramic 60 tint . . . didn't want it too dark, but hoped to cut down a bit on the heat gain through all of the glass on my wagon. Check out this link if you want to see a photo:

[http://www.v70r.com/forums/index.ph...id=302]http://www.v70r.com/forums/ind...d=302

The Huper Optik looks a little more gold than other tints I've seen, but has no adverse affect on the radio antenna. In hindsight, I might have gone a bit darker & still been pleased, but this was the first car I've had tinted & wanted to be conservative.

- Mark

Modified by geoguy at 1:53 PM 6-8-2006

Modified by geoguy at 8:30 AM 6-14-2006

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: V70 R window tint (geoguy)

I have Huper Optik Cermanic 30% tint from VEM Solar Solutions. I love the look of the 30% on my car. I had 35% Madico Onyx on my previous car and did not want to go lighter with the Ceramic 40%.

I do have to get them to reinstall the tint as it has developed some bubbles over the winter. It was fine over the summer. Not sure how the bubbles devloped. I'm glad for lifetime warranty on the install.

My tint itself appears to have a greenish tint to it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: V70 R window tint (r_driver04)

should I consider huper optic 50% or 40% on back windows. dont want it to dark, R is black. but do want additional security given that wagon has no tint on windows.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Is there any issues with tinting the laminated glass. I shouldn't see why there would be but thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: V70 R window tint (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Is there any issues with tinting the laminated glass. I shouldn't see why there would be but thought I'd ask.
No problem at all!

The lamination is actually "sandwiched" in between the window glass. If you roll down your window & look at the top edge of the glass, you can see a darker band in the middle of the glass - that is the laminate.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Re: V70 R window tint (bschurr)

Geoguy - that pic is insanely large. I'd really like apples 2560x1600 widescreen display, but I don't have one yet (and I'm sure I'm not alone) Please resize the image.

I have formula one window film on my black V - I've got the legal limit on both front and rear - 28%/18%.

I might be moving up to Chicago soon, so I'll probably have to remove the front tint.

http://www.formulaone.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts