SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 18" pegasus rims off a V70-R. Dit my 05 S40.

If it helps i know there the right fitment but the tyres on old tryes were 205/50/17 and new are 225/40/18...will they fit. Cars lowered on coilovers. Theres a fair amount of room up abovr the tyre in the arch but not LOADS on the side....

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah crap! Peicey businesses!

·
Registered
753 Posts
You might not rub. Throw them on and see. You'll need hub rings because of the difference in hub size from the P2 R's (IIRC 65.1mm) and your s40 (63.4mm)

I'm on elevate springs and don't have any rubbing issues. Depends how low your car is with coils

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
They will fit fine, I highly doubt you will rub, unless you are really slammed. You will need hub rings as previously mentioned.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
There's rubbing and rubbing. It depends what you want to live with and you're comfort level.
It probably won't rub on fit. It may rub at times on excess turns or with load in the trunk or passengers in the back.
I'm lowered 1.3" and have 225x40 tires and an offset at 45. My fenders are not rolled and I did rub a few times with passengers in the back.

Do you know what the offset is?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Ah okay, never mind then. It's the least of his concern. . . LOL

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
You don't really need th hub rings. Once you get them, you'll see how much of a joke the thickness is. You might as well put napkins instead lol.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Decided to leave them. You all scared me! Haha. Going to get my intercooler 1st then do some research on the wheels and buy them after winter, new ( ebay shop sells them at £400 gbp tyreless)

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Pro Sport? That's not an Eibach setup is it? Wish my H&R's went just a little lower. May be low enough, just haven't ran 19's before to see if they tuck in the rear. I'm just barely tucking tire on my 18's.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There part of eibach yeah! There only wound down halfway at the mo. Could go even lower. But i scrape on little bumps and cant get over speed humps as it is.. Haha

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Huh, I'm half way down in the front on mine and ridin on just springs in the rear, I removed the adjustable perches to go as low as these physically could go. I think you may still be lower than me. Interesting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha. Wierd. Maybe shorter shocks/damper/springs. Id never get off my driveway if i went any lower.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Being low has its restrictions but oh so worth it lol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agreed, just need some nicer wheels now! Still thinking the pegasus ones! Just not sure on size and such! Anyone know what offset an s40 is standard?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts