SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly, virtually overnight, my 2004 V70R is handling very sloppy side to side. It is still stiff when you hit a bump and shocks change stiffness when changing selection on ride control. But significant under steer when initiating a turn. If you hit a bump or uneven pavement while in the turn it almost feels like the back end is drifting out. Very strange and uneasy feeling when it is actually not drifting. At this point I am afraid to drive it hard as it is almost out of control in certain circumstances. It went from feeling like a Corvette to felling like a caprice wagon overnight. My independent shop found worn a arm bushings and right side ball joint. This improved the car slightly but no where near fixed or returned to the way it was.
Does anyone here know of a suspension shop in the Tacoma area that could look at the car? I am prepared to put sway bars, bar ends, and just about anything I need from IPD, but first I want to find the cause. If I start throwing parts at the car it will probably improve. But, unless I find the underlying cause I will probably not get the full benefit of upgrading the parts.
I will be in Portland this weekend and would like to take advantage of the sale at IPD but I need a professional (or at least very experienced) evaluation and opinion of the car first.

Thanks,

·
Registered
605 Posts
For Performance Suspension issues go see TC Motorsports in Auburn. They are next to Hinshaw's Honda off of West Valley Highway.
Whatever you do, do not go to Tacoma-Fife Volvo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting

This is good reading. Lots of info to digest. The end of the string jogged my memory. When I first took it to the shop they found the left front center cap missing which I had already noticed, and the axel bolt only finger tight. I have not noticed any clunking or knocking though. And, no change after tightening the offending bolt. Thought it worth mentioning in case it gives you any ideas for further investigation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alignments, springs, or shocks... if it's about your V 70 suspension, this is the place to discuss it and find a cure.we never tried to do so but we fabricated entire system except those parts. Usually organizers never demand to fabricate such complicated parts.Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts