SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering how difficult it was to put a V70 front bumper cover on my C70. I've seen lots of C70s with this, does anyone know what is needed to make it fit?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
you need to take a bunch of money and exchange it with a dealership for the bumper. LOL

easy swap, you need to get the three grills and fog lamps too

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering how difficult it was to put a V70 front bumper cover on my C70. I've seen lots of C70s with this, does anyone know what is needed to make it fit?
Where are you located?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in NH =/ not really near anything, but if I could find one for sale somewhere I'd love to try it myself

·
Registered
605 Posts
just did it on my C70. I bought mine from the dealer.
I also ordered the new foam.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
New R bumper is ~$380 from the dealer. That's your easiest route. Primed it's $350.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Is the new foam required or will the C70 foam fit behind the R bumper?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've heard some folks have reused their C70 foam.
J = Chilledman has done many of these

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Don't do it! The C bumper is completely unique to the car. Also it's awesome! Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Might put the C bumper on the S70. I am crazy like that. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't do it! The C bumper is completely unique to the car. Also it's awesome! Just my personal opinion.
Idk I like both, the R bumper looks nicer when the car is lowered in my opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When I was a Volvo tech back when the C70 first came out, I wanted one and I wanted to put the R front bumper on it. I remember checking into it with the Volvo parts department and they said the part numbers for the slide brackets that attache to the front fenders are a different part number then the ones on the R vehicles. The original C70 brackets might work and the ones on the R might just be stronger so that they can support the extra force applied to the front bumper during driving, as you know the R bumper has that lip that would create more down force and their for put more stress on the side brackets.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
haha you rebel, R bumper looks nice on S70's too (especially when they're lowered)
Because it was delivered like that on a S70 R, but I agree with LloydDobler; on a C70 it doesn't look that good, it's just too square on a C... it doesn't match with the lines on the side. Also in the middel front the R bumper is higher then the C bumper, because it's curved while the R is straight at the bottom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because it was delivered like that on a S70 R, but I agree with LloydDobler; on a C70 it doesn't look that good, it's just too square on a C... it doesn't match with the lines on the side. Also in the middel front the R bumper is higher then the C bumper, because it's curved while the R is straight at the bottom.
Very true, I've never seen a C70 with the R lip in person. How do the C70's look with Pegasus rims? because I've been thinking about getting a set of 18's for my summer tires (maybe 19's if I'm feeling ambitious :p )

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Check the "post pics of your C70" thread, there are several on pegs, and one or two with 19"s. They look great by the way.

There are also a lot of cars with the R bumper in that thread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts