SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello swedespeed. I recently bought a 2006 v70r and later found out that there is a water leak somewhere from the drivers side quarter panel window. I know the window was replaced so I wonder if the job wasn't done properly and window wasn't sealed tightly. I tried to google and youtube the removal of that L shaped trim(molding) that goes around the window, but no luck finding any info. Did anyone ever took that trim off? If so or if anyone knows where I can find more info on how to remove the trim without breaking tabs or clips on it, can you guys guide me on that? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm curious too because as far as I can tell it doesn't come off. It's part of the window. Mine has a spot where someone tried to pry it off, then gave up and tried to glue it back down. It's annoying me because something behind there is starting to rust now.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Window replacement requires a new panel.

You can disassemble plastic in trunk and inspect the seal visually. And perhaps fix with some resin.

What commonly leaks in that area is holes for the roof rails. When the rails were terribly overloaded the rubber gaskets collapse and the water gets to threaded holes. Or the bolts are not properly torqued.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Window replacement requires a new panel.

You can disassemble plastic in trunk and inspect the seal visually. And perhaps fix with some resin.

What commonly leaks in that area is holes for the roof rails. When the rails were terribly overloaded the rubber gaskets collapse and the water gets to threaded holes. Or the bolts are not properly torqued.
Oh ok. That's a bummer. I hope I dont have to take off the whole window to fix that leak. I will seal all around the window from the inside, since I took the covers off already, and hopefully that fixes it. I will also inspect the roof rails for any holes or leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts