SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that the legroom in the backseat of the V70 is minimal. Anybody notice this too? I'm 6'3" and it is cramped big time, with front seat pulled 1/2 back. <P>What has been your everyday experience with passagers in you V70. Do they complain of the lack of room (if they did I doubt you would be giving them a right to begin with but you get the picture)?<P>Should I even care since I'll be driving or in the passanger seat?<P>The 2000 V70 has more legroom than the 2001 imho....hmmm<P><BR>Gary

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've only had my XC for a day, but while making the rounds to show it to friends, haven't found too much difficulty fitting 4 or 5 average size adults. We won't be using the back seat too often, as it's just 2 of us (for now), and when we do have more than that, it will only be for a 20 or 30 minute ride downtown.<P>I'm 6'4", and find room for the driver is exceptional. I don't even have to push the seat all the way back as I do in pretty much any other car I've driven.<P>Never been in an earlier V70, so I can't make the comparison.<P>Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this does help to hear your experience. I'm looking at ordering a 2001 V70 and this is my only reservation. It seems that most station wagons are not built to accomidate tall people in the back seat. I guess I won't worry about it too much. The Audi A6 Avant has more room in the back as does the new passat wagon (maybe an 1" or so) but all the others are simaliar to the V70.<P>Gary

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our family now has a new V70 after some 855 and an old V70. <BR>All I can say is that the new one doesn't offer less legroom in the back than the old one. <BR>I'm 1.80 metres (must be something about 6 feet) and there have been already several times 4 adults in the car while I was driving. My friends never complained. They have always been very pleased about the comfortable seats and the large amount of space that is offered wherever you sit in that car. <BR>I also know the backseats of Audi A6, Merc E and none of them offers remarkably more legroom in the rear. The BMW 5-series on the other hand has far less space and as I can remember it has this ugly plastic cover on the back of the front seats.

·
Registered
528 Posts
As far as I can tell, if the front seats are adjusted for the same people, then there is MORE legroom in the back seats in the '01 V70s as compared to earlier models. One thing that confuses some folks (and almost all the professional reviewers of these cars) is that there is more travel in the front seats. So if the front seats are put all the way back, there will be LESS legroom in the rear seats.<P>- Darell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts