SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use a trailer but wondering what hitch I can fit or if a receiver bar is better?
Can I fit this myself on a 2004 model without any welding?
DO you have to have a ball mount or can some trailer go directly into a receiver bar?

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
There's a Volvo kit that's really nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can also vouch for the Volvo kit, that and Volvo's trailer wiring make my V70 an excellent boston whaler puller.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Curt tow bar with 1.25" receiver takes about 15mins to install on the ground with ramps. It sits a bit low but works well enough for towing. You can purchase a 1.25 to 2" adapter if you have accessories with a 2" receiver. Otherwise, the Volvo tow bar has a 2" receiver but is a bit more to install.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The v70 I have has amber turn lights plus separate red brake lights. How can I wire a 4 flat that connects to a trailer that only has red turn and brake lights in one?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
the 2001 t5 I got at 100k miles has a hitch called "hitchking" on the back. Haven't tested it, looks 2-3 inches, and no electrical inputs...but it fits. If you're interested I'll try to find a PN on it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Aren't the p2 xc90 hitches the same dimension as the p2 xc70? When you compare them on websites, they have 2" receivers. By the pictures they look exactly the same, just more robust (thicker bar).

I've been eyeing some, waiting for the right moment to buy one.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts