SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for all the questions all, but I'll be making a decision on a V70 really soon and I've got a hundered things going through my head!<p>During a test drive, in 85-90 degree heat, when I test out the AC how long should it take to start geting chilly? I'm guessing around 30 seconds or so? <p>I haven't had climate control since my 84 Audi (which was a poor auto to put it mildly) so I would like to get a heads up as to what to look for in a properly functioning V70 AC.<p>Thanks for any helpful descriptions!<br>

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
If real hot, maybe a minute before you really feel the COLD coming from the vents. Turn off radio, etc. Listen for the compressor coming on and then going off...a click near the passenger side dash (actually a relay). This should not cycle every 10 seconds or so, but should be more like every 30 seconds if it's being pushed. The temp at the center vent (all other vents closed) and on recirculate with full fan should be 40degrees. Check these thing out. You don't want a bad AC, as they are expensive repairs you could have right off the bat.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Re: V70 AC- What to expect during test drive? (Newberry)

When the climate control auto feature is used (i.e., fan knob switched to the left), and the cabin is hot, the system should automatically switch to recirculate, and then will switch back to fresh air when the cabin temp closes in on the target temp.<p>Also, if there is a fault in the CC system, the amber A/C and recirc lights will blink for about 30 seconds when you start the car, and when you shut it down. <p>If it's functioning well, it's a pretty good system; if not, it can be pretty durned expensive to repair.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: V70 AC- What to expect during test drive? (t5mmmm)

I basically agree with MIJ here.<br>If the car is outside in the heat, maybe a minute or so to get cold. If in the shade, 30 seconds, tops, or something is not right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts