SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everybody!

I have recently acquired a V70 Edition Sport in good condition. The car has had two owners and both took real good care of it.

However, that new purchase comes with a catch:
Both heated seats and the heating system do not work. The AC however plus the blower just work fine. My research suggests that the heater and the heated seats are on the same control module. As I do not have immediate access to VIDA question to you experts: What is your suggestion? Any advice on how to progress?

Best greetings and thank you!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Check fuses, then get VIDA and diagnose it. Anything else is a lot of time wasting.

If you don’t have VIDA yourself, send out a request to try and find someone in your local area with VIDA, and arrange with them for a communal diagnosis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the fuses for the seats. Both good. Diagnosed the Climate Control Module.

Error CCM-0073 "Not calibrated"

Seems to be an issue with the electronic damper motor for the left and right side. Do not get any live values from there. Tried to calibrate it repeatedly with no success.

How that issue with the damper motor causes problems with the heated seats is questionable to me.

AC and blower work just fine. Any hints?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Unplug both seat heater control units under the seat. There is a known issue with static discharge through the seat heater control unit which disturbes the LIN bus signal that controls the damper motors. If you disconnect the seat heater control units likely the damper motor function will return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts