SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
It depends on what kind of tool you want, and what you are going to use it for.
Lightweight, wireless, mobile phone, handheld, display ...?
OBD2 only or some Volvo specific support?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on what kind of tool you want, and what you are going to use it for.
Lightweight, wireless, mobile phone, handheld, display ...?
OBD2 only or some Volvo specific support?
I don't have to worry about SRS System, that's clear (thank God). We bought the V70 for $500 (Australian, as that's where I am), and the check engine light is on. I have done the clear trick (tap both terminal together), light goes off when you start
her up again. Idles great, nice and smooth. Turn car off and the start up again. And have check engine light on. She seeks for idle (revs up to 2.5 revs and comes back down, skips a bit, and settles). Does it on cold and hot engine. So I am after something that I can use to clear codes. As I tried the (Read Button, and Fog Light Switch) to go through the DTC's, but all my modules show stored codes. Ask the Volvo deal mechanic (they are helpful here :) ). And he said they log the errors and keep them stored until cleared. ABS module, shows a stored fault, but system checks clear. Anyway, enough of a long story.

I have come across a Actron CP9575 which I can buy at my local auto store. ( https://www.actron.com/content/obd-ii-autoscanner ). But it says V70 from 2002+ I am thinking that I can use it on mine, being a 2001 model. Not after anything technical, just want to be able to read and clear check engine light.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Actron works fine (I have one)
A 2002 is the same as a 2001
Any normal scanner works up thru 2004 models, not 2005-2007s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It works :)

In Australia, Supercheap's version is CP9576, which from an email I received from Actron says its the same, but just with Australian Software loaded. But, yes, it works like a trooper. Even managed to clear the Automatic Transmission Service reminder as well.

Thanks you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.