Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a 260kB audio recording. YT does not host audio only clips

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
That actually sounds really good. How is it when driving?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds tame and quiet at low loads and rpms. At highway cruising speeds, I can hear it slightly softener than wind/road noise. If I accelerate at a brisk pace, the exhaust comes alive. When the turbo kicks in, the air rushing out is quite loud and the wastegate dump sounds awesome.

What is a good way to record while driving? I'm not comfortable strapping my cellphone to the car bumper?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sounds good, as far as recording while driving, I'd just do it from the drivers seat, windows up & down, or have a friend outside and drive by them( only do this on the highway if you don't like them all that much ). I wouldn't risk my phone either

·
Registered
228 Posts
That sounds good visualv! I take it you recorded it sitting in the drivers seat with the door open?

And echo what lilgoat said, just have someone stand outside and record while you drive by, maybe once just cruising and once getting on it from idle...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@beers you are correct. Recorded in driver seat with door opened outside my garage, so no sound reflections.

I bought a cheap $50 action cam with a car mount from Amazon. Will pull some WoT runs out in the countryside this weekend and post the videos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts