SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the Polestar variants are very limited, with 80 or so in 2015 and 165 for 2016. But I was curious how well the V60 is selling in the US overall. Looks like 3,157 this year and 3,610 last year.

http://goodcarbadcar.kinja.com/wagon-sales-are-up-4-in-america-in-2015-1730564837

I'm just curious if anyone knows how many R-Designs were sold? I have yet to see another one on the road here in Chicago, and have only seen 3 T5's around since I bought mine.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Probably the reason you see the drop from 2014 to 2015 is because of the V60CC being introduced and people wanting AWD have to get that or the R-Design. Combine the two variants and sales numbers are actually up, hehe! I have only seen a few T5e/T5AWD V60's around where I live; it's mostly S60/XC60/XC70[older]/XC90[older] around my parts.

I'm curious as well to know how many R-Design's were produced for 2015/2015.5MY's. I think if you contact VCNA they will be able to get you production numbers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I love the V60 Polestar wagon. If I could swing two Volvo car payments at the same time one would be mine.

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm just outside of Chicago and the dealer I use told me that my R-Design is the only one they're servicing. I see five or six V60's around but no R Designs.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Vermont is home to about 99.8% of all XC70s ever made. XC90s, quite a few. XC60 population is increasing, seeing more of them. S60/80/40 are very well represented. Lots of 850s, and some other older models.

V60.... I think I saw one, but it could have been (and now that I think about it, obviously it was) an XC70... I had some dirt in my eye.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I see at least one V60 pretty much everyday, some days I will see 3 or 4 of them. I know of a Red R Design in my town that I see a lot. RD's are not cheap, so not surprised you aren't seeing a lot on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know my dealer in the SF Bay Area has sold at least three V60 R-Designs in the past year, but I've never seen one in the wild, on the road, unless it was the V60 I saw in the dark - identified as it passed me and the beautiful tail lights disappearing into the night. I did see a brand-new Osmium Grey V60 on I280 last week, looked really beautiful in the low sun. Only seen a few other V60s on the road this year.

I wish I was driving a V60, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Several factors making me hesitate: lack of T6 AWD with a non-black interior here in USA, shortage of Platinum models with xenons, harsher ride on poor pavement ...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Probably the reason you see the drop from 2014 to 2015 is because of the V60CC being introduced and people wanting AWD have to get that or the R-Design. Combine the two variants and sales numbers are actually up, hehe!
Yup!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I know my dealer in the SF Bay Area has sold at least three V60 R-Designs in the past year, but I've never seen one in the wild, on the road, unless it was the V60 I saw in the dark - identified as it passed me and the beautiful tail lights disappearing into the night. I did see a brand-new Osmium Grey V60 on I280 last week, looked really beautiful in the low sun. Only seen a few other V60s on the road this year.

I wish I was driving a V60, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Several factors making me hesitate: lack of T6 AWD with a non-black interior here in USA, shortage of Platinum models with xenons, harsher ride on poor pavement ...
Are you sure you saw an Osmium Grey V60 and not me in my V60 Polestar? I am on 280 quite a bit...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I'm just outside of Chicago and the dealer I use told me that my R-Design is the only one they're servicing. I see five or six V60's around but no R Designs.
R-designs are very popular in the West Coast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you sure you saw an Osmium Grey V60 and not me in my V60 Polestar? I am on 280 quite a bit...
I could be wrong, but didn't see the big blue P* badge on the back; and it did have a really fresh temporary dealer plate (yellow?) just last week ... had yours a bit longer? Couldn't read the dealer name though.

Your Matte Gunpowder looks great too! I wouldn't have thought grey could look so appealing; very nice.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Your Matte Gunpowder looks great too! I wouldn't have thought grey could look so appealing; very nice.
I agree! Weaponized Volvo, lock-and-load!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I could be wrong, but didn't see the big blue P* badge on the back; and it did have a really fresh temporary dealer plate (yellow?) just last week ... had yours a bit longer? Couldn't read the dealer name though.

Thanks. That was definitely not me then. I have had my car since Dec., so have had normal CA plates for a while. I'm actually waiting on my vanity remade 60's Black w/ Yellow letters plates to arrive.

I agree! Weaponized Volvo, lock-and-load!
Thanks Pete!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Vermont is home to about 99.8% of all XC70s ever made.
The town of Litchfield CT must be the epicenter of XC70 ownership. The density is mind-boggling. I swear that every other car on the road in that town is an XC70.

I did see a Power Blue V60 T5 FWD on the Mass Pike Monday. It is the only other one besides my own that I have ever seen.

·
Registered
390 Posts
R-designs are very popular in the West Coast.
Not too many in Arizona, but come to think about it not too many Volvos period.

I did have a XC60 guy actually wave at me over on the Central California coast. Haven't seem that sort of thing since the late '70s when BMW drivers used to flash lights at each other.

·
Registered
127 Posts

My wife spotted one white XC60 RD in the Saint Petersburg, FL area. I think I am the only one with a V60 in town. I see a lot of T5 XC60's and S60's. Other young Volvos drivers drool when they see my V60 RD. The senior citizens in their XC70's don't seem to care.

http://www.volvoofsarasota.com/new/Volvo/2016-Volvo-V60-e67cbe810a0e0adf4686ae8d8b3b99b0.htm
I sat in this car, and I was really thinking about buying it; $62,000 is a little too much for me. I had to buy my V60 RD almost 4 hours away in Northern Miami, because all we have in our area for sale are the T5's V60 or the P* which wasn't available to lease.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts