SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on a V60 purchase soon, and figuring out what accessories to grab up. We plan to occasionally use a roof box to extend the cargo capacity for camping and what not, but I'm not sure if I should go with the OEM rails or an after market set. Ideally they wouldn't be on all the time (to help with MPG and wind noise), so ease of removal/installation is desirable.

Anybody here have opinions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
The OEM aero bars are the Thule Aero bars, just less money (for whatever reason). Work great, cost less, doesn't really impact mpgs and are quiet unless right over the sunroof. Work great with my Yakima Skybox (pics in the "what did you do" thread).

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Initially, I was also looking for roof rail for my V60 but ended up buying a hitch receiver and cargo carrier instead. There is a couple other posting on the subject already on Curt hitch reciver. About at $120 at amazon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tang-o: that thread said that set up was $450 all in with used locks. My bars from Volvo were $210 with tax and include new locks. In my experience the extra bit of bar is useful for wider stuff and securing cords and rope around.
I have the hitch too but didn't get a cargo basket for our after seeing how much the rear dips with my bike hitch and bikes on it. I'm looking into air springs to raise it up when loaded.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody have photos of what the OEM bars look like?

·
Registered
19 Posts
In that last link, is that a Curtis hitch receiver in the back of the black v60?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just saw this , from the dealer with 15% off and another 20% off for a full suspension mtn bike carrier. Cheaper than the Rack Attack guys. I like the fact nowhere does it touch the paint and the slight over hang works if you need to carry anything odd shaped it gives a little more space for tie down area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts