SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded some interior lights on an older car to LED bulbs and it really made a huge difference. I thought the rear storage area in the V60 was pretty anemic, so I went to take the bulb out and was hoping to swap in an LED bulb. Alas, there already IS an LED bulb in there. The light is tucked in a panel and doesn't cover the rear area very well at all and there is only ONE dang light for the whole area.

Just curious if somebody has done something to make it better. "Illuminate" me. Ha!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I keep revisiting this issue.

I was thinking of adding a light strip to the bottom of the cargo cover or net but in the end decided I didn't want to splice any wires (lease).

If I was going to do something though, I think this would be it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I keep revisiting this issue.

I was thinking of adding a light strip to the bottom of the cargo cover or net but in the end decided I didn't want to splice any wires (lease).

If I was going to do something though, I think this would be it.
Why not use a tap like this one?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Why not use a tap like this one?
I basically don't want to touch the wires. Part of this is my avoiding wasting money on mods by convincing myself that it's leased so I should just leave it alone. :)

The posi-tap taps do sound like a safe bet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Someone did find a solution, need to find the thread though. The issue is the power source.

Edit: Here is the thread, http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...esign-(new-to-me)&highlight=V60+rear+lighting. Looks like he never updated with a power source
I never got around to doing it. I wound up changing jobs and now travel a lot for work - leaving very little time to tinker around on the car. I'll get back to it some day...:facepalm:

The COBs are connected to a switched cigarette lighter plug I bought on Amazon.com. When I need them, I just flip the switch and the back lights up. The local dealer said that they've never had to pull the wire for the hatch light so they don't know where it is...they didn't seem interested in telling me much more and I didn't push them.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Yes, though I suspect the vampire ones are much worse than the posi-taps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts