SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says. I went to drive my car this morning, 30*F outside. Car started at 17 mile electric range. Drove in pure mode, about 30 minutes driving, 8 mile. When I finished my trip, electric range was depleted. Does this sound normal or should I bring it in for warranty work?
2021 v60 polestar engineered, owned since spring 202#, less than 2000 miles on the clock

·
Registered
20 Posts
As the title says. I went to drive my car this morning, 30*F outside. Car started at 17 mile electric range. Drove in pure mode, about 30 minutes driving, 8 mile. When I finished my trip, electric range was depleted. Does this sound normal or should I bring it in for warranty work?
2021 v60 polestar engineered, owned since spring 202#, less than 2000 miles on the clock
I have noticed that my range (2021 V60 PE, ~2500 miles) lately has dropped precipitously as well. I think it's the effect of the colder weather. During the summer and even much of the fall I was getting probably 20% better range than I'm getting now. I did have a software update by a dealer a few weeks ago and got new tires but I don't think those are having the effect the cold is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Definitely colder weather. My Volt reads 70 miles on a full charge in summer. Today I ran out after 48 miles. Goes to show how a heat pump is an important addition to any electric powertrain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I expected a slight drop, but todays performance was pretty eyebrow raising. i lost 4 miles overnight just from parking (21-17) and then seeing a 100% range decrease. I bought this specifically as my ski car, so I'm pretty disappointed if this is normal.

·
Registered
2021 V60PE
116 Posts
This is timely. Same thing here with mine.

I try to use parking climate plugged into a 240 outlet to warm the car and then turn off the heating system when I'm driving around. The seat and steering wheel warmer is good enough. But still range is around 17 miles now and sometimes less. Most of my driving is early morning or evening, so temperature tends to be lower and roads are cold.

Also, I'm on winter tires (Vredstein Wintrac Pro) and the reviews of them noted that they had an effect on mileage.

The car always still says 25 miles when I switch to Pure ... And seems to drop in large steps.

·
Registered
V60 T6 recharge PE
1 Posts
Same here in Quebec, Canada. -4 degrees Celsius. V60 t6r PE 2021, 35km at startup, pre warmed on the cable, range quickly dropped to about 15km on battery.
The car left a few times the pure mode to hybrid ( I suppose because of the cold)
Quite disappointed by the low performance in the cold of the car

·
Registered
2021 V60PE
116 Posts
Definitely finding the preconditioning helps.

Also, it seems that if I use the car, then charge it immediately, and go to use it again as it finishes charging, the range seems better.

Does anyone know if using it with a 'warm' battery (either via preconditioning or from charging) would improve range? Is it my imagination?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts