SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for the community. I built a V60 PE on the USA site and the standard wheels are the 19" Polestar style with no options. I built the same car on a couple of Volvo european sites (sweden and spain) and it has a 20" wheel as an option. Interesting because the XC60 which is very similar has 21" and 22" options.

So, I reached out to my dealer (Gunther in Delray, FL) and they told me that the V60 PE would not be getting the 20" as an option. Anyone have any idea why?
Find it odd.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Just a question for the community. I built a V60 PE on the USA site and the standard wheels are the 19" Polestar style with no options. I built the same car on a couple of Volvo european sites (sweden and spain) and it has a 20" wheel as an option. Interesting because the XC60 which is very similar has 21" and 22" options.

So, I reached out to my dealer (Gunther in Delray, FL) and they told me that the V60 PE would not be getting the 20" as an option. Anyone have any idea why?
Find it odd.

thanks in advance
Those options are chosen by VCUSA, whatever they think will help sales or make sales easier in USA. So it could be different from European market.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thanks.
they sales manager said that it wouldn't even be available as a separate purchase later
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

Find it odd.

thanks in advance
The 19’s were selected for the US market due to desired tire load ratings.

We are able to special order the 20” variants from our European supplier, but stock are very limited and there are currently extended lead times for the wheels.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

We are able to special order the 20” variants from our European supplier, but stock are very limited and there are currently extended lead times for the wheels.
V60 is not a car heavy on tire load....

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So

Thanks for the update. Will check it out if and when I get the vehicle. Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, i had another question about differing build options for this vehicle on the US sites vs European sites. On the euro sites the option for the exterior styling kit exists, whereas on the US site its not an option and doesn't appear to be standard. I personally think it makes a difference on the aggressive look of the car. Does anyone know why that option isn't available?
also, does anyone know if you can order it separately from a dealer or if a 3rd party site like viva will eventually start selling this option?
thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was building one too on the site yesterday. Was struck by the very limited and muted color choices. Sure do miss RB.

Mike

·
Registered
667 Posts
So, i had another question about differing build options for this vehicle on the US sites vs European sites. On the euro sites the option for the exterior styling kit exists, whereas on the US site its not an option and doesn't appear to be standard. I personally think it makes a difference on the aggressive look of the car. Does anyone know why that option isn't available?
also, does anyone know if you can order it separately from a dealer or if a 3rd party site like viva will eventually start selling this option?
thanks
This is a glaring flaw that I've pointed out on other threads about Volvo. You can also order some things (including a bigger selection of exterior paint colors) via Overseas Delivery to the USA that you cannot get when ordering a car to be sent to the US -- bizarre beyond words. I know that Volvo loses sales because of their limiting certain options to US customers; if they have certain options available in Europe, they should also be available in the US.

·
Registered
228 Posts
thanks
This one is puzzling. Looking at the install instructions for the styling kit, I can’t see any reason why it couldn’t go on the PE car, and the ability on the euro sites to add it just confirms that it could be an option in the US. I like it, it does make the car look more aggressive, though I’d probably keep the PE exhaust tips.

Looks like you can order the various pieces pre-painted from the dealer.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/S60(19-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516524/2020

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
I was building one too on the site yesterday. Was struck by the very limited and muted color choices. Sure do miss RB.
My six year old daughter keeps telling me I should go back to selling Fords because they have more colors =-D

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

Mike
+1 zillion! Volvo has gone the way of the "old man" colors. Drive by a lot and it looks so average. RB for the win - makes me never want to sell mine!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This one is puzzling. Looking at the install instructions for the styling kit, I can’t see any reason why it couldn’t go on the PE car, and the ability on the euro sites to add it just confirms that it could be an option in the US. I like it, it does make the car look more aggressive, though I’d probably keep the PE exhaust tips.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/S60(19-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516524/2020

That's great to know thank you. I agree on the exhaust tips. though the styling kit seems like a no-brainer looking at the install instructions. It reminds me of the winglets that were on the front bumper of the previous V60 P*.

And man oh man the colors. Before, even the black was interesting. The black sapphire metallic was a beautiful black with hints of blue with light, now it seems the colors are much more basic and the greys are well, just grey. I would love to be able to get a bursting blue or pebble grey. Whatevs. it is what it is. curious about the V60 PE as more information comes around.

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is a glaring flaw that I've pointed out on other threads about Volvo. You can also order some things (including a bigger selection of exterior paint colors) via Overseas Delivery to the USA that you cannot get when ordering a car to be sent to the US -- bizarre beyond words. I know that Volvo loses sales because of their limiting certain options to US customers; if they have certain options available in Europe, they should also be available in the US.
Not only that, they seem determined to force only unpalatable options down our throats, that dealers are struggling to sell. I brought this to Volvo USA attention many times now over the last few years (direct emails to CS, comments on social media frequented or maintained by reps, etc.). Polite responses to thank me for my suggestions but no action whatsoever. People in charge of options for US market need to be fired, as their choices are clearly costing Volvo money. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
323 Posts

The exterior styling kit was a port installed option per Volvo customer service, I asked about it when ordering my 2019 V 60 for OSD( could not get through FDC), so you should be able to add it via your local dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That’s a head scratcher. But thanks for the news. Will look out for that

·
Registered
183 Posts
Talking to my local dealer about OSD for a 2020 PE V60. They said they are not available yet for OSD. Is this what everybody is else is hearing? They gave me this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts