SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know not many in the community have had a chance to drive the new Polestar cars. Here are the questions:

Does anyone think there is a way to get a set of OEM or even aftermarket 18" wheels on, the concern of course are the massive Brembo brakes!

The concern is the roughness on upstate NY roads. Seems 19" wheels have been out for Volvo for awhile and there has not been many problems and seem to be the standard size across the board.

Does any one have any experience with the Ohlins suspension? Seems they would be superior to the Volvo standard suspension when it comes to ride quality/comfort!

Thanks in advance for the input! :)

·
Registered
14,136 Posts
The previous gen P* cars had 20" wheels standard in the US and many of us run 19's for winter - a more forgiving ride certainly on frost heaved and potholed roads.

I am guessing that the SPA car's suspension set up is very similar to the previous gen meaning that the suspension is certainly firm but can be adjusted to make it a little softer. Nice thing is that the new car's front struts can be adjusted underhood and not under the car like the P3.

I can't imagine that 18's would fit on the new car as they don't fit on the old one and the brakes probably have gotten any smaller.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Too bad 18's wouldn't fit. Much better and more cost-effective choices for aftermarket winter wheel/tire combos with 18's.

What are the specs on the 19" wheels? (Width, offset, etc...)?

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just bought 20's for my s60 t6 momentum.
I'm hoping not to have any issue in fitting

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts