SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? The Polestar-specific splitter over the rear hatch window is rattling. I think it is making contact with the glass itself--at least it sounds like that. Gets worse the faster you go. May be wiring inside for the third tail light? You can also hear it rattle every time you close the hatch, or if you just tap on it reasonably gently with your fist.

Not sure exactly what's happening, but it is as annoying as hell.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Are you talking about the spoiler on top? Maybe a bolt or the tape that secures it has come loose. I get the rear storage cover constantly knocking when I hit a bump but that's it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had the same problem. The double sided tape on the edges of the spoiler that bind it to the hatch failed. The dealer had to uninstall the spoiler and used the same epoxy they use for windshields instead of the tape when they reinstalled it.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks--that's probably it. I initially removed the storage cover thinking that must be the source of the problem. Was surprised that it made no difference.

Makes sense if tape failed, because the problem started many months after use, once the cold weather arrived. Was definitely not there from the outset.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I get the rear storage cover constantly knocking when I hit a bump but that's it.
I found a fix for the rear storage cover on my V60RD, the pegs that hold it in place seem to be a bit narrower than the groove they secure in so they make a squeaky noise when you hit a bump (when the cover is secured in place just grab it in the center and cause the bent flap to flex and you'll hear the squeak noise). I took some felt tape and wrapped the pegs, problem solved...no more flex! Luckily our XC60 doesn't have this issue with the storage cover. I hope that helps your issue! I already had the dealer replace the cover because every time I hit a bump the cover would come loose. The passenger side Peg was actually too short so they replaced it; this has honestly been the only issue I've had with my V60 in 16 months of ownership....knock on wood!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts