SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am French so really easy ^^ anyway, the pictures speak louder than any words
Alors je te salue avec mon accent Québécois !

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't bother with the OE lights....get these, MUCH brighter. Only issue with them is to trim the fingers off the side with a razor as they are a little too tight to fit. Great update from stock or addition if don't have any. I replaced liftgate and trunk one with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282423346452

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They are whiter, right ?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Alors je te salue avec mon accent Québécois !
Je te retourne le salue et j espere pouvoir te rencontrer un jour ;-)

BellevillV70 said:
Don't bother with the OE lights....get these, MUCH brighter. Only issue with them is to trim the fingers off the side with a razor as they are a little too tight to fit. Great update from stock or addition if don't have any. I replaced liftgate and trunk one with these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282423346452
Good to know nd it will be . great addition in this setup...Hopefully, it will be done between August 1st and 6th ;-)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stef1, you are a good man!!!

I have just done the install, however I cheated...

I just stuck my hand in, grabbed the plug out of the foam pouch, then cut a hole for the light and ALL DONE!!!

Thanks for your great write up!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I just stuck my hand in, grabbed the plug out of the foam pouch, then cut a hole for the light and ALL DONE!!!

Glad it was useful !

·
Registered
184 Posts

I was wondering whether that might be possible - avoiding all the grief of broken retaining clips. Thanks Stef and ope!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just received my led lights from IPD (2 for $17). Didn't remove the panel, just fished for the wire. GREAT thread, made a huge difference.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just finished to do it yesterday. Such an awesome add-on and it is need to do.
FYI: I doubled each wire and created a looming adding an extra light on the left side Now I can fully see all my trunk in the dark

@ZN14: I did it too but the light does not plug correctly so I have to return them (first time I returned something to IPD)...so I still get the original one

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stef1 - thanks for the great find (and ope126 for the shortcut). I ordered those ebay lights from China. They'll be here between next week and mid-June. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
UPDATE - received the lights yesterday (15 days to receive) and wow are they much brighter! Even one makes a total difference, two is just gravy!
Here's a side by side of the amount of LEDs on OEM vs eBay...
View attachment 50757

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi Stef,
Thanks again for doing it and I finally did it too last weekend.
Here for more

2 things that come in my mind
-I highly encourage to remove the plastic with leather (close to rear door) last... If you try first, chance will be that you will break a clips (like me). When I did it last, it was easy to remove it and access to it
-Anyone who is doing this should think of adding a second lamp for the left side. You will be bluffed by the result ;-)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi Stef,
Thanks again for doing it and I finally did it too last weekend.
Here for more

2 things that come in my mind
-I highly encourage to remove the plastic with leather (close to rear door) last... If you try first, chance will be that you will break a clips (like me). When I did it last, it was easy to remove it and access to it
-Anyone who is doing this should think of adding a second lamp for the left side. You will be bluffed by the result ;-)
Good job !!
Now, can someone help me correct the typo in the thread title ?:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Good job !!
Now, can someone help me correct the typo in the thread title ?:)
I do not think you can edit. I tried many ways for my thread and same. Looks like only Admin can do it (TBC)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry for bumping an oldish thread, but I'm looking into doing this - and having the PHEV V60, that right hand rear panel is full of battery cooling / DC conversion equipment, so I can't just get my hand in to see if the wire is there ready for the light - has anyone done this already on the PHEV, and can confirm wether the wire is there ready or not. 2015.5 V60 !!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Jeff,

MY11-MY13
I've PosiTapped from the original light in the trunklid, see here:

MY14+ you can get your wiring from the left corner of the car where the plug for the trunk lid situates, the lighting has a dedicated PIN were you can loop in your additional lights..

21 - 40 of 43 Posts