SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to sort something out since posted photos and reviews don't match up with what I've heard. Specifically ordered the Inscription trim, but dealer had told me that factory tint is standard from the B pillar back. However the images I've seen here and in reviews online don't seem to show or say anything on the US-SPEC V60's. Does anyone know for sure if the B pillar back standard factory tint is true or false?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I'm trying to sort something out since posted photos and reviews don't match up with what I've heard. Specifically ordered the Inscription trim, but dealer had told me that factory tint is standard from the B pillar back. However the images I've seen here and in reviews online don't seem to show or say anything on the US-SPEC V60's. Does anyone know for sure if the B pillar back standard factory tint is true or false?
U.S. bound cars will not have any window tint. The V60 Cross Country models will, the standard V60s will not. Personally, I think that all V60s should have that feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Sounds like Volvo missed the woods for the trees when it comes to tinting on the V60s. Having a light tint just makes them look so much more premium not to mention the other advantages. At least it is an easy fix after delivery.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
....and remember the tint from the factory does not offer any UV protection.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Thanks for the response. Sounds like Volvo missed the woods for the trees when it comes to tinting on the V60s. Having a light tint just makes them look so much more premium not to mention the other advantages. At least it is an easy fix after delivery.
It's not Volvo's fault, they did not miss anything. State legisliation is tricky and not uniform across the country; in some states, only cars classified as "light trucks" can have factory tint. The V60 Cross Country (or any "Cross Country" variant) is but a regular wagon is not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow. I had no idea some states got that far into the weeds technically with their tinting laws. At that level you can't fault them for going without the tint option. I can imagine how complicated it could get with not only US-SPEC, but also state specific options as well.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Oh wow. I had no idea some states got that far into the weeds technically with their tinting laws. At that level you can't fault them for going without the tint option. I can imagine how complicated it could get with not only US-SPEC, but also state specific options as well.
Yes, it gets tricky in trying to maintain a uniform look, hence the decision to not tint U.S.-bound cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts