SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post to the forum. I looked at previous posts about this, but figured it's been sometime now since the 2.0L 4-cyl T6 engine has been released and wanted to get some opinions. There's two dealers near me, one selling a 2016 V60 2.5L 5-cyl T5 AWD model and one is selling a 2017 V60 2.0L 4-cyl T6 AWD model. Interior features are particularly the same besides some minor details, but I'm more interested in the engine comparison.
So, thoughts on the 2016 2.5 5-cyl engine compared to the 2017 2.0 4-cyl engine?
How about the T6 on the 2.0, has problems bee reported about it because of the super and turbo charge?
What do you think would be the best engine to have for the next 5 years, over 100,000 kms?
Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome aboard
Piston rings issue has been reported for early drive-e engines. Under the impression that these issues were resolved by 2017
Turbo / SC reliability should not be an issue with the engines.
This link might be helpful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard
Piston rings issue has been reported for early drive-e engines. Under the impression that these issues were resolved by 2017
Turbo / SC reliability should not be an issue with the engines.
This link might be helpful
Thank you! I'll post what model I went for.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went from a 6-cylinder 2012 S60 T6 R-Design to a twin-charged 4-cylinder 2017 S60 T6 R-Design and enjoy both equally (the 6-cylinder was more fun though).

From a reliability perspective, I've had no issues with the twin-charged 4-banger and happily just had a clean 70k service. Hoping for another 70k!

Reactions: jordanfp21

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with the 2.5L 5 cylinder T5, the cost was more affordable and was from a Volvo dealer off lease, the other vehicle was from a Subaru dealer and they didn't seem to know what they were selling in the T6 and weren't that great at selling me on the vehicle in general. I'll be starting a new thread about performance upgrades because oddity enough, this T5 model can't get the Polestar upgrade.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would have thought that the T6 was on a whole different level of performance to the 5 cylinder T5. Did you test drive both?

And yes, unfortunately no P* for that model

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You can't go wrong with Volvo's 5 cylinder, those were it's last years of production. Provided you do your maintenance on time, it will last a very long time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts