SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning a V60 CC OSD purchase within the next 2 years. I have a couple of questions:

1) The beautiful 20" 7-Spoke Matt Graphite Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel, available in Europe and Canada, is not available as an option either on the US Volvo website or as an OSD option :facepalm:. Grecian you guys kill me sometimes. What is the best way to get these wheels? I assume the FDC won't sell them to me, nor can I buy them from a dealer in Sweden while I'm driving the car. Do I have to drive my car to Canada and buy them there? Please advise!

2) I will NOT be driving with red turn blinkers longer than I have to. I will buy the Euro spec rear lights from the UK website noted on another thread and change them out stateside. Will Volvo dealers do this for you? I am in DC area, would a niche outfit like Scandinavian Import Service Center in Rockville, MD do it? Or will nobody do it since it is not "DOT" approved? :facepalm: Grecian you guys kill me sometimes.

3) Aside from keeping my red OSD license plates on the front and back, I plan to further Europeanize my car by requesting the removal of all backside lettering other than the VOLVO letters in the back. Can I request this as an option from the FDC? Again, would a Swedish dealer do this for me? Does it damage the paint to remove the letters after they have been put on?

Thank you for all of your input!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning a V60 CC OSD purchase within the next 2 years. I have a couple of questions:

1) The beautiful 20" 7-Spoke Matt Graphite Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel, available in Europe and Canada, is not available as an option either on the US Volvo website or as an OSD option :facepalm:. Grecian you guys kill me sometimes. What is the best way to get these wheels? I assume the FDC won't sell them to me, nor can I buy them from a dealer in Sweden while I'm driving the car. Do I have to drive my car to Canada and buy them there? Please advise!

2) I will NOT be driving with red turn blinkers longer than I have to. I will buy the Euro spec rear lights from the UK website noted on another thread and change them out stateside. Will Volvo dealers do this for you? I am in DC area, would a niche outfit like Scandinavian Import Service Center in Rockville, MD do it? Or will nobody do it since it is not "DOT" approved? :facepalm: Grecian you guys kill me sometimes.

3) Aside from keeping my red OSD license plates on the front and back, I plan to further Europeanize my car by requesting the removal of all backside lettering other than the VOLVO letters in the back. Can I request this as an option from the FDC? Again, would a Swedish dealer do this for me? Does it damage the paint to remove the letters after they have been put on?

Thank you for all of your input!
On 3 remove the letters with heat, dental floss or fishing line, most cars now days are just double sided 3m tape holding on logos and letters

·
Registered
701 Posts
For amber turn signals, just purchase a 2020 XC40 RDesign. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts