SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I wonder if HUD will be packaged differently in US like it is in XC60.
Other than that...can the car freaking get here already, I only got till September...I don't want another XC60.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I suspect that there will be a lot of differences between Canada and US, both in what's standard and what's optional.
That base price equates to less than USD $38k... that would sure be nice, if that translates into real dollars when it arrives in the US!
But Canada seems to get their European cars for much less than US buyers pay; wish we could go to Canada and buy our cars there!
It would also be cool if the forthcoming 2020 V60 Cross Country in the US (don't think we are getting a 2019 V60 Cross Country, due to the lateness of arrival) has the Google OS (Sensus replacement), but I suspect it won't arrive til MY2021, for which I will wait...

Again, I have to call Volvo out for not being truthful about how every new model starting with 2019 was going to be electrified; this V60 Cross Country is a new design (on a new platform, I think), even though it carries the same name -- and it will not get a PHEV version, even though the base V60 wagon does come in T8 form; perhaps they argue that the Cross Country and the base wagon are "the same model"?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Again, I have to call Volvo out for not being truthful about how every new model starting with 2019 was going to be electrified; this V60 Cross Country is a new design (on a new platform, I think), even though it carries the same name -- and it will not get a PHEV version, even though the base V60 wagon does come in T8 form; perhaps they argue that the Cross Country and the base wagon are "the same model"?
About the 2019 electrification thing: someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it means that all wholly new models will be electrified. The V60 (including CC) was announced in 2018, even though it's still trickling out to the rest of the world. Also, at least in European markets, Cross Country models appear to be trims (listed alongside R-Design and Inscription) rather than separate models (like on US/CA configurators). They stated recently that since now the V60cc's out, their platform transition is complete and they can focus on new segments, including electrification. As to whether there's any models left to be announced this year (if you can/can't count Polestar), who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts