SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V60 Black roof taughts?

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  gobluetwo 
#1 ·
Hey guys picking up my white V60 early next week. Guy in work was saying to paint the wing mirrors black & the roof black & maybe rear bumper lower spoiler as well.

Has anyone any pictures of a white V60 with a black roof either wrapped or painted? As I can’t find pictures of one with a black roof.

I’m tempted to paint the clip on roof rail silver to match the window chromes. I will be getting the rear windows tinted to 15-20% at a later stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#3 ·
Having trouble finding it in the thread on mobile, but there are apparently a couple of white S/V60s with black roof and mirrors in the "what did you do to your car today" thread which showed up on Google image search. Here is a blue V60 from that thread with similar roof/mirrors.

https://images.app.goo.gl/eTpYPSYejHQ34n5r5

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ra6PddJtMaj7bLAq8
Cheers man, yeh I found them on google as well, I like what Chris did big of encouragement that it looks well in the blue. I might press ahead & get it done when I get it.

#7 ·
Looks great!

#12 ·
Yeh I'll probably do them black be the only thing I'd wrap in black as paint struggles to stick to window chromes plus can take off if I don't like. Yeh same here an sort of estate/station wagon is associated with pensioners. But it's changing with more estates on the roads here as they look just as sporty as a suv or saloon car

#13 ·

Got the wing mirrors & spoiler painted today. Have the roof now ready for sanding down. After hour n a half taking the headcloth down to get at the bolts for the roof rails 4 each side & 1 behind the curtain airbag. Bit of a dilemma now, I don't know if to paint the roof rails solid black to go with the roof or to leave the grey factory finish. Leaning towards painting it. Any thoughts?

#14 ·
Got the wing mirrors & spoiler painted today. Have the roof now ready for sanding down. After hour n a half taking the headcloth down to get at the bolts for the roof rails 4 each side & 1 behind the curtain airbag. Bit of a dilemma now, I don't know if to paint the roof rails solid black to go with the roof or to leave the grey factory finish. Leaning towards painting it. Any thoughts?

Whatever happened with this? Would love to get a look at the finished product.

#15 ·
Came out all good, undecided to redo the matt grey plastic pieces in the front bumper & the lower spoiler around the exhausts in solid black like the roof or to do them matt black. I'll get the wheels refurbed to be stock diamond cut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.