SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently got a V60 2021 only to discover that the rear headrests (slanting forward and not removable) got in the way of installing my existing car seats. Thought I would see what forum members have used for booster seats with a backrest (for 7 year old) that fit despite the rear headrests. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put a Diono Everett NXT in a 2021 V60 for my 5 year old and I did notice how it left a big gap behind the back of the seat with only the tip of the Diono headrest sitting on the Volvo headrest. But the Diono manual make it clear that this is acceptable and safe.

Not sure how yours fares but here's a photo (tags still attached):
Vehicle Car Plant Automotive tire Fixture

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same issue with the gap behind the backrest for my 7 yrs old son car seat too. It can move left and right when the car turn. Fortunately, the car seat can remove the backrest so I just use it as a booster seat.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Does Volvo still make a booster seat? Back in the day we used the Volvo product because we needed something that was narrow so that we could fit three across the second row in our V70 wagons.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does Volvo still make a booster seat? Back in the day we used the Volvo product because we needed something that was narrow so that we could fit three across the second row in our V70 wagons.
Volvo does make them but they're seperate pieces. Take advantage of Black Friday Sale Riley Volvo:

31470490 - Booster Seat (Wool)
31470521 - Booster Cushion Backrest (Wool)

·
Registered
8 Posts
They do offer a booster yes, and its quite slick. It carries about a 35% premium (~$260 CDN) over something like the Diono (at least here in Canada).

Toy Automotive design Art Synthetic rubber Stuffed toy
Land vehicle Outerwear Car Vehicle Leg

I'm debating swapping out our Diono for it to get the better fit and slimmer form, but it does appear to provide less protection (not that Volvo would make something unsafe). Also, I think my 5 year old enjoys having proper armrests on the Diono and its unbelievably lightweight, though I doubt it will get moved much.

·
Registered
856 Posts
They do offer a booster yes, and its quite slick. It carries about a 35% premium (~$260 CDN) over something like the Diono (at least here in Canada).

View attachment 139755 View attachment 139756

I'm debating swapping out our Diono for it to get the better fit and slimmer form, but it does appear to provide less protection (not that Volvo would make something unsafe). Also, I think my 5 year old enjoys having proper armrests on the Diono and its unbelievably lightweight, though I doubt it will get moved much.
That looks a lot like the ones we bought back in the day, except they were blue. I will probably need to get one for my grand kid in a few years for the S60. The V90 has integrated boosters.

Query for Volvo: Why not make integrated boosters an available option for all models?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have two of the Volvo booster seats for my kids in my V60. Zero issues in the few months we've had them
Hi @superscuba, I was hoping to come across someone who has the booster! I'm about to take advantage of Volvo's sale and get one. It sounds like you're happy with yours. I'm assuming the fit is spot-on for the V60? Do the kids find it nice and comfortable? Any concerns at all?

I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yep, the fit is great. I got the wool ones which have covers easily removed and washed. Just note they recommend flat drying with no heat, so wash them when you can be without them for a day or so as they dry.

I also put a seat cover on the rear seats that have a zipper cutout for the middle tray/passthrough. Highly recommend one to catch the torrent of crumbs the kids can generate within 5 seconds of being buckled in.

Pic attached
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant

Edit: the seats are in their lowest position in this pic. There are 4 or 5 height settings to choose from

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, the fit is great. I got the wool ones which have covers easily removed and washed. Just note they recommend flat drying with no heat, so wash them when you can be without them for a day or so as they dry.

I also put a seat cover on the rear seats that have a zipper cutout for the middle tray/passthrough. Highly recommend one to catch the torrent of crumbs the kids can generate within 5 seconds of being buckled in.

Pic attached View attachment 139760

Edit: the seats are in their lowest position in this pic. There are 4 or 5 height settings to choose from
Interested in the seat over, happen to have a link?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Interested in the seat over, happen to have a link?
the world renowned "yesyees" brand ;)

I wish the middle part was completely removable (I just folded it under) but other than that has been fine

·
Registered
55 Posts
the world renowned "yesyees" brand ;)

I wish the middle part was completely removable (I just folded it under) but other than that has been fine
Thanks! Too bad the Volvo booster seats don't have cup holders.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife has ones with cup holders in her car and they annoyingly get in the way of the seatbelt receptacle. I much prefer the narrowness of the volvos, especially since it lets my 5yo twins buckle themselves in with no contortion

·
Registered
296 Posts
How do the Volvo seats secure in place?
They don't use LATCH. They just use the seat belt (and child) to stay in place.

Which I've never really thought about and now has me worried I'm going to take a booster seat to the head during a panic stop when the kids aren't in the car :/ Guess I should buckle the belts over them when not in use or take them out

·
Registered
55 Posts
They don't use LATCH. They just use the seat belt (and child) to stay in place.

Which I've never really thought about and now has me worried I'm going to take a booster seat to the head during a panic stop when the kids aren't in the car :/ Guess I should buckle the belts over them when not in use or take them out
Yikes!

·
Registered
856 Posts
These booster seats do not use the latch system because they are seatbelt positioning booster seats, meaning that the sole purpose is to put the child in the proper position for the three point seat belt. This is the same concept as the integrated booster seats found in some of the wagons and SUVs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
These booster seats do not use the latch system because they are seatbelt positioning booster seats, meaning that the sole purpose is to put the child in the proper position for the three point seat belt. This is the same concept as the integrated booster seats found in some of the wagons and SUVs.
Seems like the Volvo seats fit best vs other brand seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ended up moving my Britax Frontier from my other car to the V60 and the install is fine. It is a convertible harness/seatbelt booster that accommodates younger kids as well, so the headrest is in front of the backrest. My child isn't tall enough yet but I think the highest point of the carseat headrest will still clear the V60 headrests. I will post a picture the next time I am in the car. Since the carseat accommodates younger kids as well it does cost more. I think the current equivalent model (Britax Grow) starts from $329 and up.

A traditional Britax booster with a backrest (like the Britax Skyline) didn't work for me though as the back of the headrest and backrest are at the same level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts