SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So both sides of my V50 were sodden. Happen about a week ago and rears were still standing in an inch of water so carpets are out and drying.

I cleared both sunroof drains last week which judging by the water marks on the foam had both been the main sources this time.

I understand the air con drain can be an issue on the drivers side (located on the central tunnel) - how is this removed for cleaning?

There was also a significant amount of debris/leaves beneath the pollen filter area. The foam here was soaked as well. Any significant sources of water here?

Carpets are out so I'm cleaning everything and all connectors I can find including the cem. Just want to sort stuff whilst the carpets are out.

Summary: where does water get into a V50?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Sunroof drains and a bad rainstorm put so much water in my V50 that it pooled in the seat and destroyed the leather. Fixed the sunroof drains and dry ever since. I did the thing where I jam a new hose through the firewall with no fitting on the end. Don't want any more clogs.

I drove mine without carpet for a couple months to see if any other leaks existed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the plan so far. Maybe not a couple of weeks but I want the carpets super dry so a couple of weeks.
I've checked the air con drain which seems clear. I'll have a look at the exhaust heat shield problem when I'm there at some point.

I've cleaned every nook and cranny of dirt. Must be cleaner than when it left the factory. Cleaned all connectors so fingers crossed no problems for a while.

Might take out the headliner and clean that given I've done everything else.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
I wouldn't recommend pulling the headliner. There are some wires and also the hose leading back to the rear squirter that are glued to it, it will be a bear to get it all back together. Maybe rent a carpet cleaner with a wand and do it in-place...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
You said "both" drains...you knw there are 4 right?

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Should be one on each corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts