SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right rear window won't do down on my 2005 V50 T5. I've had it a couple of years and it was fine for awhile. Now it seems the motor is OK, but a release or some other mechanism won't let it go down. When I operate the window controls, whether from the front or on the door itself, the window will go down about 1/4" and then stop, as if it's being impeded by something. I'm going out now to remove the door panel, but if anyone else has run across this problem, would you let me know what the resolution was? All the other windows work just fine. Thanks in advance.

I'll keep the post updated on what I find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK. I took off the door panel, but had a really hard time taking off the motor. I finally got it off and was able to move the window up and down manually, and checked the motor for operation. All was well. I greased everything up, realigned the gears on the motor shaft wth the teeth on the window lift and viola', it worked fine. It took a couple up and down iterations for the sensors to pick up the stop points, but that was it. I can only speculate that the gears had somehow jammed together. I removed the small back door arch, which was a mistake - you do NOT have to do this. In fact I broke the clips. The door panel pulls straight out and uses clips versus sitting on the door lip like on my wife's Sienna.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
I have this problem too. Though, my motor doesn't even attempt to go down anymore. I'll have to try greasing everything and see if that helps (after I check the voltage to the motor of course).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2006 T5 S40 and when it is cold out side all my windows and door locks act a little funny
Sometimes the doors will not unlock or only the passenger side will work or vice versa.
Sometimes the windows will not go down or go back up.
I have brought this problem to a few different dealers with no solution

1 - 4 of 4 Posts