SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Long-time Volvophile from Australia down here.
I currently have a '04 V70R and we've just 'upgraded' the wife to a '08 V50 T5 AWD.
- geartronic
- black sapphire
- black leather

Previously she had a Golf wagon, but we became tired of the frequent visits to the shop for things that kept going wrong.

We've had the car for a few weeks, it has 28,000 miles and I'm getting around to getting it 'just right'. Starting off with full clean & detail, new fluids & filters etc. It's the wife's daily driver - so no major mods planned!

Except… We're partial to the Nordic Light Oak trim.
So… out with the aluminium and in with the Nordic.

I ordered the kit(s) from the myswedishparts guys.
Depending what you're after, there are a few different part numbers out there which can become confusing.

Here's what you get:

P/N 30791727 - Center console kit
Contains:
1 x Nordic Light Oak panel ('waterfall' panel)

P/N 30756870 - Tunnel console kit
Contains:
1 x Nordic Light Oak panel
1 x P/N 30791979 - storage tray (rear of handbrake)
1 x P/N 30781512 - storage tray (next to 12V outlet)

P/N 30761362 - Door handle kit
Contains:
1 x P/N 30755795 - Front LH Nordic Light Oak handle
1 x P/N 30755796 - Front RH Nordic Light Oak handle
1 x P/N 30755797 - Rear LH Nordic Light Oak handle
1 x P/N 30755798 - Rear RH Nordic Light Oak handle

It looks like our trim parts have a darker 'honey' colour compared to others pics on the interwebs.

Here's the obligatory 'before' and 'after shots.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
While not everyone's cup of tea, I love the light wood options. It is very striking agains the dark interior. Reminds me of the option 850R's had in the US but seemed to be a slim take rate. I'm sure someone with a "base" car will snatch up your aluminum set quickly. Two thumbs up here! I like to see different offerings for trim....like the new copper on the V40 XC.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Looks great! hopefully your wife and yourself will love it!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Looks good! My wife definitely loves her 50! And to be honest, I'm jealous... She has the (soon to be) nicest car of our stable (nicest car is currently for sale). I daily a "much loved" '95 855 non-turbo.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Really Warms up the Inside , were all V70R's AWD ? - Don't recall - Well either way She'll be able to - Chase Down the Dingo's Now . lol

Really Looks Good : Now I Know what You all feel like when You see our Volvo's on the inside . Don't see where it's : LH or RH for Center Console ?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Looks great! Glad to see it out in the open, I sold Volvo's and I swear everyone asked/knew about this trim package on S40/V50 and the S80.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Good Job on the retrofit! I think a Thonet wood shifter will go very well with your new Nordic light oak !

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.

Agree the Nordic Light Oak ‘softens’ the interior.
With the Black and aluminium panel, it just looked to…. German.
(…Ja, ze Germans like interiors kold und stark…)

And the good thing, is that there’s NO difference in the trim for RHD vs. LHD.

Over here, the good old T5 (high pressure turbo) started off with AWD, then was cut back to a front spinner and then with the face-lift it went AWD again. Yes, the AWD adds extra weight and has a lower MPG – but it’s fantastic in the wet.

Although the shipping might be $$$ - you’ll see some trims in the classifieds shortly!

·
Registered
444 Posts
You have a hamster/guinea pig living in your driver door pocket!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks all.

And the good thing, is that there's NO difference in the trim for RHD vs. LHD.

QUOTE]

Trent.. I feel rather dumb now.. Disregard my PM!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, yes. My wife loves cats. And that's the world's ugliest cat trinket made in China - so she had to have it.

BTW - yes, love the shifter...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Haha, I didn't even see it until you mentioned it! :D

Too busy looking at the wooden details, which look really good, BTW!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the wood option in my 2008 C70. I bought mahogany stain gel from Lowes and darkened the wood. I used the corner of a cloth and slowly covered all the wood. It turned out fantastic. The wood is now a rich color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts