SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spirit of true winter machine, is there a way to lift the chassis of the V50?
For example can I use springs off another volvo such as the XC70s? or even a heavier V70?

If i could swap out some OEM volvo springs that are taller or stiffer, i bet i can achieve another 2" of lift for even more ground clearance?

Any ideas what I can use? Are there similarities between the bigger wagons?

V50 AWD is listed at 3400lbs, fitting a spring from a car that was 3900lbs should provide a substantial lift do you agree?

Here are pictures after i swapped the tires and the car was lifted due to ebrake being applied.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
There is another thread with pics & such discussing what you want. Other Volvo springs will not work as the platform/size,etc are totally different. Coilovers are the obvious choice.

For easy & cheap what about simply adding an additional AWD factory spacer to the front strut? The rear's a little tougher. How about fashioning a similarly sized spacer under or over the spring? Perhaps you do nothing as adding to the front would give you a more even stance.

The other thread has pics of oversize tires fitted which looks pretty cool (IMHO) all by itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts