SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My first post on this forum. My daughter parked the car on evening, in the morning it starts and dies directly. We have tried it with both keys that we have, same result.

We towed it home to me. I have checked error codes, none. Checking details for immobilizer gets this info.

I have dismounted the switch, but my question is this: Is there a way to check the antenna ring that it is faulty? The switch is 30659838.

Second question, is it possible to use 30659837 switch? There is a lot more switches by that part number on the scrap yards, and lower cost to. Just to be able to test, a new 30659838 cost approx. $160. Don't want to buy one without beeing sure it is that one that is faulty.

Gadget Communication Device Font Output device Display device

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thought comes to my mind. Is there a fuse to supply the immobilizer or antenna ring? Has read the fuse list but could not find any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now I have had the opportunity to try with another switch. Same error. So it is not the switch that is the problem.

I found this diagram. Anyone knowing if it is accurat? Look at page 82, the three wires connected to A on SCU should be the ones going to antenna ring circuit board. My next step is to measure that I get power to it, but I wonder if anyone know if it is possible to measuer the signal that goes to CEM?

It can't be the fuse, it is the same fuse that gives power to the other stuff in switch, nothing should work if it was the fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was totally wrong. Nothing with immobilizer at all, I feel a little bit ashamed that I was on such a totally wrong track. But it was a hard one, got a tip from other person that it could be MAF without setting an error code. Tried with MAF disconnected and car runs. Stop car, connect it and starts car again and car keeps running. With car still running I check error codes, I have one on MAF. Erase code and car dies immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts