SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning under the hood yesterday and noticed the top(bolt?,screw?) of each strut tower assembly is rusted...car is just under 7 months old with 6,700 miles...anybody else have this happen? Am I supposed to chalk this up as "normal for a Volvo"..like the barking dogs living in my dash?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: V50 Strut Rust at 6,700 miles? (fjordV50)

Hey, I have noticed that "barking dogs" noise from my dash and have not yet diagnosed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Re: V50 Strut Rust at 6,700 miles? (royk121)

I'll have to check, I've had squeeking for a while when hitting bumps, this may be the cause.....<p><br>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: V50 Strut Rust at 6,700 miles? (royk121)

I've read some posts about it...apparently the noise has to do with servos in the HVAC. I think one person was told something about having to disassemble the dash and ended up getting a new car.....others were told that is the "normal" sound for a Volvo when the servos cycle...<br>some discussion here<br><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=23004" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=23004</A>

·
Registered
564 Posts

Can't say I've noticed on this car but I had it happen previously on other cars. I would put it down to normal, it's not going to break. I've seen other under bonnet brackets with some rust on - I think the mounts were like that from pretty early on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the barking dogs in my dash too. It sounds like the car is panting. I didn't have it before I had a software upgrade to fix temperature problems with the AC. The dealer that I was going to said that they couldn't identify the problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I understand the "barking dogs" problem (or morec properly, the cause, because maybe its not a problemand it might not be fixable) is the climate control servo motors that control the automatic air distribution (not AC - it will still happen even if AC is off).<p>It seems under some circumstances, the software causes the system to go a little haywire and keep cycling the air distribution, causing the repetitive servo motor noise.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've heard the squeaking noise for the past 25000 miles or more. <br>the first time i pointed it out, the dealer claimed it was a collection of rocks stuck under the lip of the front fender....they cleaned it out. how they made that assimilation is beyond me. the squeaks are still there. i have to take it back one of these days and hopefully they will acknowledge it.... <p>does the squeaking have anything to do with the dog barking sounds.????<p>thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts