SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

did someone already remove their headliner in their V50?

Mine saggs really bad, we had some riddicoulous heatwaves, plus 104 freedomunits, which is really hot for where i live in Germany.
Now Vida tells me to remove the Windshield, which kind of is a big no no for me.
So my question is, did someone already removed theirs through their trunk maybe? BC my wagon looks like a hobo mobile with that sagging headliner

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I would think the V50 is easier than the S40 to remove because of the open back.

It'll be tight, but it comes out. I angled it ot the rear doors.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Yes, on the V50 it can come out the back. You will need to bend the headliner board some. Just try not to crease it. There is a wire harness that is glued to the headliner board that peals off fairly easily.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always knew that i can rely on this forum Thanks you guys, i think i will takle that work end of august! Sounds just like a ****load of work, but not too complicated, just unbolt **** and jank it out.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The fun part is removing all the old dry rotted foam backing. I found a plastic bristle scrub brush works well. Adhering the new material takes patience to not get creases. The V50 headliner is big and there are a lot of contours, especially if you have a sunroof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts