SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of VW's seat heaters that you could cook on, it seems that the seat heaters in the V50 are a little (a lot) feeble.

I've heard rumours that it gets cold in Sweden. Anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks,

Spumwuzzle

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Re: V50: Feeble seat heaters... (spumwuzzle)

They're adjustable (in software). Ask your dealer.

I like mine the way they are. The ones in our XC90 are downright uncomfortable, but my wife loves them that way.

Tom.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks mmb.net99
thats something ive been wanting to do for a while... i did ask my dealer but they said it was "normal".

i find that they get nice and hot quickly but within 2-3 mins it cools down to a simple "warm" temperature. something i expet maybe on setting 1 not 2 though.
(and no its not me geting used to it) :>

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: (Akash)

I agree with you Akash, that is very confusing.lol

I remember when we had a 94 960 with heated seats, which had the manual switches on it. You could turn the seat heater's on and it would stay on, I once left the passenger one on for a three hour drive by mistake and got to the destination and the seat was incredibly hot to touch - brilliant in winter time

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: V50: Feeble seat heaters... (spumwuzzle)

I love them. I've never had heated seats before so I have nothing to compare with, but I would never go back; especially with leather
. Correct me if I'm wrong but the two settings are not different temperatures but the first setting is seat and back; the second is seat only (?).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: V50: Feeble seat heaters... (Pat'sNewV50)

Quote, originally posted by Pat'sNewV50 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but the two settings are not different temperatures but the first setting is seat and back; the second is seat only (?).

My fiancée said the same thing as you, and I DID kinda notice it too. There's no mention of such thing in the manual though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.