SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 V50 T5 AWD and would like to install the factory xenon lights (I really don't want to go aftermarket on this since there is a factory option, even if it is way more expensive.) The dealership sounded pessimistic about the possibility, but it seems like it should be doable (though potentially expensive). Has anyone heard of anyone taking on this project or of any difficulties with software or wiring??? Would it be just bulbs, ballasts and wiring harness or is it a whole new lamp??? <br> <br>Thanks in advance for any insight!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: V50 factory xenon install??? (5-speedc70)

i had a similar discussion wtih my dealer but decided on buying a car specd wtih bixenon because they said they just wouldn't do it. <p>after test driving both types of cars however i can tell you for sure you'll have to get new headlamps. although both halogen and bixenon use projectors they have different shaped beam patterns <p><br>gl<p><br>

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: V50 factory xenon install??? (5-speedc70)

From what we discussed about doing a conversion i dont believe this will work. If i remember correctly its going to require a different SW for the lighting, unfortunately i dont think that you will be able to force a download for the lights to function. If so it would require some trial and error with no real guarantees.<p>It seems like it would be a straight forward swap but i dont think that will be the case. The aftermarket HID's on the market really arent that bad, obviously dont quite compare to factory but still pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts