SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang. Figure this doesn't hurt for a feel out and, Mods, if it's out of line feel free to delete.

A couple of years ago I bought the dynamic trim kit for my S40. The rear bumper cover piece turned out to be for a V50. I had it swapped out for the right one and the V50 piece (in Red) has been sitting in my basement ever since.

Long shot, but if anyone is interested in this thing and is in (or crossing through) central VA then I'd like to sell it...prob looking at 200 (not sure what list is for it.) I don't think I am willing to try shipping. A few years ago I was trying to get a hood to AJ and that was such a PITA it never worked out (UPS package store said "Nuh-uh, too large and if we do it it'll be like 175.00.") This thing would require a pretty rigid box as it's so flexible.

So there you go. Long shot but if anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Dang! If only you were closer to VT...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
What I'd like to know is why didn't you ever assemble it? It can't be that hard... Maybe you don't have the Volvo anymore... :D

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
IIRC, he ordered the dynamic kit for his S40, but they shipped one for the V50 (almost the same kit but the rear bumper is slightly longer), and the company sent him the S40 bumper piece but never asked for the V50 piece back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC, he ordered the dynamic kit for his S40, but they shipped one for the V50 (almost the same kit but the rear bumper is slightly longer), and the company sent him the S40 bumper piece but never asked for the V50 piece back.
Great memory! Yes, that's exactly what happened. I simply got the wrong tail piece w/ the kit and they provided me the proper S40 tail cover and never requested the V50 piece back. It's been sitting in my basement ever since.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Well that's generous of the company! :)

btw, if they shipped it to you why can't you ship it to someone else using the same carrier (possibly packaging if you were lucky enough to have kept it)?
You would have a much better chance to sale it! . . . you didn't pay for it so that should count for free shipping :p . . . too bad I have an S40... I might have been interested.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Might look into shipping via Greyhound. You need to package it up really well as they don't treat stuff super great, but it's cheaper than the other options. I had a front bumper cover shipped to me this method from an ebay seller and it cost $75, compared to $150 or so from other sellers using FedEx and UPS.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys- good advice. To be open and honest there's some laziness involved here :), and in all fairness to myself it's just a time constraint...what w/ long work hours, parenting, g/f, trying to fit in time for my first love (motorcycle riding, etc.) it's tough. I know many of you get that. I may just periodically throw it out on Craigslist and who knows, someone may stumble across it and want it. I'm in no hurry...been sitting the basement for some time now. Now I do have a buddy at a car dealer, so I may take some measurements and see what he can come up with. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
To be open and honest there's some laziness involved here :), and in all fairness to myself it's just a time constraint...what w/ long work hours, parenting, g/f, trying to fit in time for my first love (motorcycle riding, etc.) it's tough. I know many of you get that.
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts