SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - does anyone have experience with aftermarket crossing bars and their fitment to the V50's load bars? Second, does anyone have OEM Volvo cross bars they want to sell me?
:beer:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't the yakima racks just a generic fit-all model, or do they have specifically contoured 'towers' to mount onto the rail?

·
Registered
656 Posts
The yakima railgrabs may not fit, but the thule ones should because I think they have specific grabs for differing rail profiles. But even for the square thule bars, it's pricey. If the volvo works for you, it's definitely the least costly. There were some for sale a few months ago in the classifieds for V50s. Tasca and Volvo of Lisle both have new for around $170 for the alum wing profile ones http://volvopartslisle.com/part/OEM-Volvo-Part-31213964/Load-Retainer which is a pretty great price compared to Yakima/Thule.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I assume the 'wing' profile bars are the least noisy at highway speeds (?)
I have the OEM wing profile bars on both our cars. There is still noise, but it's not that bad. Less noise than a pair of round yakima bars I had on an old s40 though.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
I picked up the OE bars on eBay because the previous owner had them and left them on, thus leaving an u faded spot on the rails that drove me nuts. I've been happy with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts