SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 2.0d have started jerking lateley. Tried changing all filters, cleaning the egr, tried to drive the f**k out of it just to try "blow" the intake and injectors clean but nothing helped. Even tried blocking and disconect the egr, stil acts the same. Got it to a volvo dealer and they didn't find any fault codes when using the diagnostic tool either. Probably shouldn't say this in here, but starting to get really sick of this car. Starting to think this most likely will be my first and last volvo. Unless someone can convince me otherwise in this post ;)
Doesn't really matter if its hot or cold, but it doesn't happen on full throttle. Just when slowly accelerating or crusing in 40-60 mph.

Anyone got any idea?
Every tip will be appreciated :D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Clean your plugs, try that.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Really ? Well dang you learn something new everyday

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
180 Posts
You do have glowplugs, just not sparkplugs. If they foul up on a diesel timing will be off. Not expensive to replace, but you need to dig around a bit to find them.

Can cause jerkiness and poor cold starting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it's unlikely to be the glow plugs - they are only used for starting the engine. You may not get replies on this forum as it's more North America centric (and therefore no diesel guys).

Try changing the fuel filter, and possibly the filter housing if its leaking. You can also clean the throttle body and give the EGR valve a clean (I note you already blanked it)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blank the EGR, clean the throttle body, clean sensors (IAT1, IAT2, MAP, MAF), check for boost leaks, check the Variable-geometry turbocharger valve (between engine and air filter, brown one with couple rubber hoses).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts