SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,035 Posts
The reason that the one-touch sunroof stops 2-inches before going fully open is because Volvo has determined that is the optimal open position so that there is no wind buffeting inside the cabin of the car. You can of course open it all the way.

The reason that some Volvo's do not come with a sunroof spoiler is that Volvo was having problems with owners complaining that the spoiler was vibrating at high speed and also causing more wind buffeting inside of the cabin. This is why they removed the spoiler entirely for a time period. I am not sure, but they might have redesigned a new one and they are showing up on some 01' cars.

I hope this helps to clear up some things a little!

-Drew

· Registered
4,035 Posts
Joe,

That is pretty funny! The owners manual for my car definitely does not say that.
I guess driving with the moonroof open is a safety hazard, because people might fly out of the vehicle.

That must also be the reason why there is no wind guard, because Volvo does not want you to be moving while the moonroof is open. Go figure! Wow, $1200 dollars spent on a parked car with the roof open!

-Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.