SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have ordered Volvo V40 (Sport Edition) 1.9HP diesel and I will get it at the end of March. I like titanium color very much so I took my car in titanium. Rims (or is it alloy weels? I am sorry about my poor english) are 16" Crater (made by BBS). Interior is full leather and bicolor (combined dark and light). I also take automatic aircondition and auto levelling system (= nivomat). I should taken automatic transmission, but it's not possible with diesel engine (I don't understand why? Where are more powerfull S/V40 with automatic = T4).

V40 is very nice car. I have had one before this (V40 2.0 1999), but the gas is very expensive there in Finland (= 1 USD / litre) so I had to sell it and order new one with diesel engine (I drive about 40000km / year). Finland is nice country to live, but the car taxing system is not so nice. My car costs about 35000 USD. If I could buy it without taxes (from Germany example) the price is about 22000 USD.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Jani,

Congratulations on your new V40 SE! I think that the Titanium Gray Metallic color looks great on the V40. The 16-inch Crater rims look ten times better than the 15-inch Stellar rims that we get here in the US.

You all in Europe are very lucky because you get so many choices. In the US were are limited mostly by dealer inventory. The S/V/40 SE comes in only one style, whereas you all have choices on engines, transmissions, exterior color, interior color, and Xenon HID headlights.

I think that you are very lucky to have a manual transmission in your car!
Volvo would sell a lot more 40-series in the US if they offered a manual transmission here. I know that a lot of enthusiasts want them.

-Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts